By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox needs exclusive shmups again like 360 era (funded)

I think Developers like cave survived making new shmup IP's, now that natsuki chronicle (ex xbox one exclusive) is mulltiplat , Microsoft wont help the little man anymore, hope I'm wrong, cave no longer makes new shmups, and any indie devs that make shmups first somewhere else with limited budget bomb hard and never recover.bTW I hate sisters royale awful shmups, I rather have quality shmup from Sega Saturn and xbox 360 and PS2 and psp yes psp shmups fire.

sister royale sucks

14;36 mark that's real shmup with high spending production backing , Microsoft papa yeah

Second video xbox 360 fire

Also what modern enn shmup you like not a port of somethin old?

Edit : I don't like this new shmup modern consoles

Hate it.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 04 March 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

Not financially profitable, and therefore not desirable enough to get ppl to jump onto GamePass.

Your best bet is that they do what Sony is doing with Returnal, and funding a more AAA budget game on the shmup concept.

Heres me playing my Sega Saturn game I own , we'll never get these types of imaginations and patterns and stories like these again I think?

I sucked here but I'm better than 2020 version of me playing kingdom grandprix also loved 14:45 mark to 16;16 mark of this playthrough

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 March 2021

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

That would kill those devs. They come to Switch because it's the best selling system over there. I'm looking forward to R-Type Final 2 in April

Last edited by Leynos - on 04 March 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:

Not financially profitable, and therefore not desirable enough to get ppl to jump onto GamePass.

Your best bet is that they do what Sony is doing with Returnal, and funding a more AAA budget game on the shmup concept.

I know finacially won't profit , but why must Sony do it if they won't profit neither? Sony should spend it on more exclusives that masses want Ie rpg's or shooters, Kena bridge is great, noone cared of that new raiden shmup last year , I know shmup fans like myself are bottom of the barrel to get another quality shmup but mmicrosof s willing to burn.

Around the Network

I didn't follow the series but , I now will, saw a video.

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 01 April 2021

dx11332sega said:
twintail said:

I know finacially won't profit , but why must Sony do it if they won't profit neither? Sony should spend it on more exclusives that masses want Ie rpg's or shooters, Kena bridge is great, noone cared of that new raiden shmup last year , I know shmup fans like myself are bottom of the barrel to get another quality shmup but mmicrosof s willing to burn.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you wrote, but:

1. Sony has a good relationship with Housemarque. Returnal is the risk they're both taking because their bullet hell esque games were too niche.

2. Sony doesn't make RPGS or Shooters because 3rd parties already do a lot of that.

If Returnal succeeds, maybe MS will try again. 

I wish modern shmups had songs like these, truly shmup players of this music,Don't think 9th gen or 8th gen ps4, xbox one , wii u have these types

I got a like on op , so i'll show my style of shmup the Sega style besides thunderforce 

4:20 mark my type of shmup video, heh 420 wink , both xbox 360 exclusives, My style of my shmups besides muchi muchi pork

Second video  fire too

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 30 March 2021

Shmups I want the dream is dead :(