By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Taiwan water shortage may affect chip production

https://www.livemint.com/industry/manufacturing/global-chip-supply-to-be-hit-chipmakers-in-drought-hit-taiwan-face-water-crisis-11614146921371.html         

This is why with critical goods you should have back up manufacturing in different locations/countries.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 26 February 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Let's move to China.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Let's move to China.

it's all right for you,  little Miss (look at me singing in the rain under my umbrella) Oneeee- Chan.

Looks like this news may be being somehow covered up. Link leads to a 404 error.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

Looks like this news may be being somehow covered up. Link leads to a 404 error.

looks like a bad link. Everything is not a conspiracy or cover up.

Edit: here is the link to the article.

Last edited by Chicho - on 26 February 2021

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

https://www.livemint.com/industry/manufacturing/global-chip-supply-to-be-hit-chipmakers-in-drought-hit-taiwan-face-water-crisis-11614146921371.html              This is why with critical goods you should have back up manufacturing in different locations/countries.

This is why until the 90's no chip was single sourced and needed another company to be able to make the chip to ensure availability through a second source.

In a few few months"breaking news, CEO's favorite show ends prices of chips going way up as a result" its like everything that could happen will happen and prices have to go up. Or so they say.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

peachbuggy said:

worked earlier have redone the link should be ok now.

mjk45 said:
peachbuggy said:

worked earlier have redone the link should be ok now.

Oh. It was just me being paranoid anyway.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!