By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Technical question; what does "Level GC strategy" mean?

Thanks all.
Hopefully it translates to an improved end user experience, at the end of the day.
I'm just about to dive back into the game for the DLC which launches next week on Switch, and while the October patch did improve the state of the port, there's still room for more improvement so anything that makes it play better is welcome.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Thanks all.
Hopefully it translates to an improved end user experience, at the end of the day.
I'm just about to dive back into the game for the DLC which launches next week on Switch, and while the October patch did improve the state of the port, there's still room for more improvement so anything that makes it play better is welcome.

It does and should.
It should also lay the foundations for some overhauls coming later as clearly they are trying to make the absolute best of the Switch's very limited DRAM pool.

I am hoping they go back and rework all the texture assets and bake in shadowing and lighting to lessen the processing load, we loose dynamic details, but we would get more bang for our buck so to speak.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks all.

It does and should.
It should also lay the foundations for some overhauls coming later as clearly they are trying to make the absolute best of the Switch's very limited DRAM pool.

I am hoping they go back and rework all the texture assets and bake in shadowing and lighting to lessen the processing load, we loose dynamic details, but we would get more bang for our buck so to speak.

Yeah I do hope they're not done yet as far as improving the port. It was very rough at launch and got a bad reputation, but the October update helped a lot in terms of improving environmental detail and adding stuff like depth of field and ambient occlusion. I feel like the foundation is there to make it a conversion to be proud of if they can just smooth out the framerate a bit more in built up areas and mob fights.