By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destruction Allstars Is Surprisingly Really Good

Nautilus said:
GProgrammer said:

So you would of been more happy if they charged like $30 to play the game instead of giving the game for free and then charging extra to unlock the story?

Of course.

Who wouldn't?

Me.  I much rather get the game fr free and pay for the singleplayer if I feel it's something worth playing....  I fail to see  the downside to that!?!?    

Around the Network
Colocho said:
Nautilus said:

Of course.

Who wouldn't?

Me.  I much rather get the game fr free and pay for the singleplayer if I feel it's something worth playing....  I fail to see  the downside to that!?!?    

It's a discussion that has been had here and on other forums for a billion times, but 99% of the cases, a "tradicional" release would have been a much more complete and better package overall than selling you chuncks of the game. Because a game that "offers" things for free, ends up being so adamant on selling you microtransactions(because that's the only way for the devs to make money) that the monetization ends up being inserted into the core of the gameplay/experience and not the gameplay features and/or story itself. Making the game feel more like a pachinko rather than an actual game.

Games that WANTS to sell you DLC and microtransations usually have poor pacing, gates most cool stuff behind a paywall that, that if you end up adding all those said costs, probably ends up costing more than a "tradicional" retail game, especially given that most games go quickly on sales for easily 25% or more in a few months.

Like I said, that applies to the majority of the free to play games, and as such, there are exceptions, like Genshin Impact, which seems that it's fair with it's monetization. But overall, gamers on forum at the very least, don't like free games that much. You can make a thread with a poll to try prove a point if you want.

And the reasons I gave why retail releases are overall better packages just barely scratch the surface, there is sooooo much more.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1