By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destruction Allstars Is Surprisingly Really Good

So let me see if I understood right: You pay for the game, as if it is a normal retail game/ release, but they lock game modes behind a paywall, and that mode being the campaign?

Good lord, I hope this game fails. I hate these practices.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 03 February 2021

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Saw the trailer yesterday and I was amazed.. very fresh and promising.. Like if Twistet Metal and Splatoon got a baby.

FromDK said:

Saw the trailer yesterday and I was amazed.. very fresh and promising.. Like if Twistet Metal and Splatoon got a baby.

Except it gets boring quickly.

Is this the new online community game flavor of the month, people rave on for a few weeks then no one mentions it after a couple of months?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Kakadu18 said:

67 on Metacritic with 6.9 user score, not what I call good. I tried games in that metascore range to often and didn't like most of them.

76 on opencritic with only 8 reviews total. It's way too soon to say whether critics, as a whole, like it or not. If this game had something like 20 reviews and a score like that I'd be worried for it.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 03 February 2021

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Runa216 said:

What's this about the story mode being behind a paywall?

https://www.psu.com/news/destruction-allstars-microtransactions-lock-story-challenges-behind-paywall-no-way-play-them-in-game-at-launch-for-free/

Forget critics. That alone makes it sound like a game that is just as shit as Gears 5 and MK11. (Edit: Actually I feel bad mentioning Gears 5 in the same sentence as this game. I mean, after all isn't Hivebusters free?)  Screw MTX. Glad I didn't pre-order a PS5 if this is one of their launch window titles. -_-

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 03 February 2021

Kakadu18 said:
FromDK said:

Except it gets boring quickly.

You played online with others.. different tatics.. and the other players also knew how to play the game? and you had a litle fun.. but it gets boring?

Nautilus said:

So let me see if I understood right: You pay for the game, as if it is a normal retail game/ release, but they lock game modes behind a paywall, and that mode being the campaign?

So you would of been more happy if they charged like $30 to play the game instead of giving the game for free and then charging extra to unlock the story?

Cerebralbore101 said:
Kakadu18 said:

67 on Metacritic with 6.9 user score, not what I call good. I tried games in that metascore range to often and didn't like most of them.

76 on opencritic with only 8 reviews total. It's way too soon to say whether critics, as a whole, like it or not. If this game had something like 20 reviews and a score like that I'd be worried for it.

Now 65 metascore with 27 reviews and user score of 5.4. 

67 from Opencritic also from 27 reviews and only 23% of critics recommend it.

Mediocre at best.

GProgrammer said:
Nautilus said:

So you would of been more happy if they charged like $30 to play the game instead of giving the game for free and then charging extra to unlock the story?

Of course.

Who wouldn't?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1