By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone getting Forza on Tuesday (US)

This was supposed to go here, in the gaming discussion.

Anyone getting it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Not I, but ill probably be picking up my Free 360 this week, yay

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

two of my friends with 360s are going to get it...but I don't think this week...probably within a few weeks from now though...we're still caught up with Rainbow Six Vegas...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

So I tried to get Forza 2 today..... Since Monday, I had been calling the various gaming stores, trying to find a copy of it. Unfortunately, Tuesday was when they SHIPPED it to the distributors, not when the game went on sale. So Tuesday passed by with no luck, but promises that it'd come in Wednsday at my local Best Buy and EBGames. I'm at work, so I call both BB and EB. BB says the game isn't in, so my $60 gift card becomes usless. I call EB and they tell me they just got it in. I quickly get off work, and arrive at EB within 45 minutes. 2 guys are in front of me, with the clerk looking upset.... Forza 2 was SOLD OUT by the time I got there. Being rather fusterated, as I've NEVER been to this store in 15 YEARS and had a game sell out, and unable to buy the game, I ask them how many copies they had instock "30 unreserved copies". They were all sold within no more than 3 hours. Grrr. This is a shocker, as I never had any problems just waltzing into an EB on launch day for Fable or Forza 1 and buying a copy. This might mean good sales for Forza today. Finally, I find my local Walmart, and they ended up getting the game in, but didn't have it on display as they only had 5 copies and hid them from consumers, because they didn't want to get pounced on. Fortunately, my brothre was able to coax them to give him the first copy of the day. So there you have it. I'll post reviews tommorow hopefully.

Well I want to get it soon, probably on the weekend, I'll also pickup the wheel too!

Around the Network

always preorder, they call you when it arrives. i had to hunt around for Motorstorm since eb was soldout, major pain in the ass.

I'm not a fan of racing games at all but after seeing these...I want to try it. This is cool and looks hella fun! People are making custom paints/logos and you can show em off at live onlinr play and sell them on auctions and stuff. http://jpdo.com/dd004/43/joyful.cgi http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSwiAbidWOc

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Played a few minutes yesterday, but due to having to be at work at 0630am it's difficult to really play alot. Anyways: This game is by far, the most magnificent game for fans of simulation racing, and car tuning games, as it far outclasses any previous game in history. The racing aspects are top notch, as Forza 1 was. The AI is better, there are tons of new tracks, and familiar old ones. The races are similar to most every other racing game out there (few tracks at novice level at starting, then progress through earning cash). However, the thing that they've really done a ton of is in the telemetry department, which a geek could love. It really shows that Turn 10 actually CARES about racing games and isn't just trying to throw a bunch of graphics together. When a race is over, you can view the race like every normal racer, BUT the huge thing is, it gives you real-time telemetry data through the entire race. There are over 20 catagories of real-time data that is given, including engine torque, clutch information, PSI ratings, tire pressure/wear, center of gravity, tire weight ratio, damage info, speed, drag, and about 15 other things. Anything you could ask "jeez, I wonder how upgrade X made my car better" can be answered in 5 seconds. Next, the upgrades. The thing I LOVED about the Gran Turismo series was the attention to detail that Sony placed on car upgrades. When Forza 1 came out, I was amazed at how much more could be done, as F1 totally blew GT out of the water at that point. Forza 2 is an upgrader/tuners paradise. I don't really see how you can get more in-depth than what FM2 offers. There are 4 major catagories such as engine, weight/tires, areodynamics and aethsetics. However, in GT, for preformance, I think there were maybe 5 catagories for engine/HP upgrades, FM1 had maybe 7. FM2 has 10, with far more indepth strategy. You can take a car (almost any car), and actually change the DRIVETRAIN and switch out a rear-wheel car and make it front-wheel or AWD, so you can have a uber-car for all races. Aerodynamics, Tires and misc, and aethsetics are all there. I would easily say that for each of the 300 cars, there are atleast 300 purchasable upgrades not including paint, stickers, or any user-modded aethestical work. This game is going to certainly hold me over for a LONG time to come. The weak points is that I didn't notice much music, but again, I haven't played enough to know. Graphics are great, but not "OMGZ TEHY ARE PERFECT", but of course, I play on SDTV. The replays, and in depth camera work do show the beauty of the cars. Not only this, the game IS locked at 60fps, so everything runs perfect. So to recap, if you liked Forza, Gran Turismo, or any sim-racing game, this is an absolute purchase, bar none. Until GT5 comes out, this is THE game to buy for racing fans.

I love this game. It's a boatload of fun and the customization tools are incredible. The AI and physics are spot-on and the cars are incredibly realistic.

And the paint jobs? Hilarious. I made this in 20 minutes after I got a lame Chevy Cobalt that was a complete turd:

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocket - what is the best way of getting photos and uploading them to the net?