By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEGO Metroid Could Be A Real Thing

I think that this is an amazing creation. Really cool.

I don't see why Nintendo would have an issue with supporting it if the proposal came from Lego and the ideas and designs were well-polished especially since we have seen Nintendo and Lego partner many times before. I just doubt that Lego would pursue something like this when Metroid is already a very niche franchise. When you intersect the number of Lego enthusiasts with the number of Metroid enthusiasts I am sure that you end up with a very small number of people who would actually buy this set. That's why you see Lego release things like the NES console or a Super Mario set because there are a 100 million consumers out there who know and love that Nintendo IP. For Metroid, on the other hand, that number might be say 5 million. As awesome as this is, I think that we will just have to accept that this is going to stay as a really cool fan creation.

Around the Network

So glad this is not a proposal for a Lego Metroid game that would just ruin the entire concept and point of Metroid much like Fed Force ruined the point. Alone. Isolated. Sense of dread.

Last edited by Leynos - on 21 January 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'm still surprised they took so long to make Lego sets out of Nintendo characters. After the Mario one, I was expecting many other sets following suit, but that wasn't the case. At least a Zelda one would've made sense.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.