By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I collide with kids on discord

Block them, delete the app, forget about them. There are many things you can do.

discord sucks btw. Infact, social media sucks.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

Yeah, you teach those kids not to mess with you. You do that.

Are you talking about users in the VGC Discord server, not really sure as your OP is very confusing to read. As far as I'm aware almost nobody in there is under the age of 18, just because someone had a negative reaction to something you posted doesn't make them a kid. If you aren't referring to VGC Discord then disregard what I said.

Your first mistake is interacting with kids, your second is saying gaming is mostly for kids. You aren't hurting their feelings, they're trolling you, kids in games are cancerous little shits who think it's funny to say some of the most fucked up shit ever and scream down the mic and stuff. Easy solution is to either ignore or mute them, or find servers that are strictly 18+

NobleTeam360 said:

Are you talking about users in the VGC Discord server, not really sure as your OP is very confusing to read. As far as I'm aware almost nobody in there is under the age of 18, just because someone had a negative reaction to something you posted doesn't make them a kid. If you aren't referring to VGC Discord then disregard what I said.

That would actually be quite hilarious if he was talking about the VGC Discord considering .... well .... some of the weirdo shit he posted there  

Around the Network

I get a strange feeling that your threads and posts are some sort of secret social experiment.

NobleTeam360 said:

Sonic the hedgehog server theres alot of kids

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
NobleTeam360 said:

That would actually be quite hilarious if he was talking about the VGC Discord considering .... well .... some of the weirdo shit he posted there  

Who only have one server? I barely post there I only post music and say great Xbox things That's not weird.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

dx11332sega said:

My first language was spanish, I know I live in USA , But Where I live I haven't spoken english ever to my family members.

Ah no worries my Spanish writing would look like a two year old considering only studied it a couple years back in high school days.

Anyways, responding to your op I would say it is best to avoid talking to kids younger than 17 once you get into your 20s or later.  Last time I had any conversation with a kid was back in CoD: Black Ops 1 days and got accused of cheating just because I was doing good.  Most of the times I don't do voice chat unless playing with a friend on PC.  I don't play that many team based games so I don't chat with that many people.

My advice to you would be to stick to people 18 and over.

Soonerman said:

I'm in my 30s and I play games and I enjoy. However, I don't play online at all because of the kids that roam those places. I now find comfortand joy playing single player campaigns.

This. 

I can't say that I have had issues dealing with kids when gaming online but then again I generally don't know the age of the people who I am communicating with in these environments, I just know how crappy I feel after dealing with burns, insults and the extremely immature behavior that made life hell for me back in elementary and junior high school. I suppose that quite often these individuals can be children or teens but they usually come off (and I assume them to be) adults with really bad behavioral problems and low intelligence.  This is one of the reasons why I basically gave up online gaming a long time ago and now stick with single player or local multiplayer gaming with family on retro consoles.  I play games to have fun and to feel good and if that is not happening because of the social interactions that have been made a part of the game then I really have no desire to be a part of it.