• Xbox Series X+S : 155K
  • Xbox One : 150K
  • 3Ds : 113K
  • Wii : 105K
  • Ds : 85K
  • Switch : 80K
  • Xbox 360 : 70K
  • Wii U : 40K

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sources-ps5-was-the-uks-biggest-ever-console-launch/

Around the Network

Maybe 400k ?

Inb4 50-100k of those sales were thanks to scalpers so in truth the PS5 could actually have sold less than the PS3.

50-100k of those sales were thanks to sca...

Intrinsic said:

Inb4 50-100k of those sales were thanks to scalpers so in truth the PS5 could actually have sold less than the PS3.

DAMN IT!!!

I'm wondering how bad Covid is gonna f*** everything up for the PS5 numbers going forward, and to a lesser extent, the XBSX.

I just saw this on N4G:
https://n4g.com/news/2389221/coronavirus-shipping-of-playstation-5-on-pause

There's a youtube video in the link. It's funny, as soon as it started playing, I recognized the anchorwoman, and Channel 9 News logo from the video my hero Jim Sterling made eviscerating them titled "Grand Theft Adelaide". Thought I would post it in spite of that. The demand for the system is clear. The amount of news coverage on customer interest, and it's scarcity, that I've happened upon by accident is on a level I haven't seen in a while. Hell, even pop-culturally. Real Time With Bill Maher, Tosh.0, and Last Week Tonight all name dropped the PS5 in jokes since it launched. Even anecdotally, the 3 times I was at EB games saw multiple enquires on availability on each visit. I'm posting this, I guess, because, although sarcastically, the scalping thing came up again.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

But it's the truth... ?

Anyway, regarding OT, probably around 300k~

Jimbo being British is big factor ? /s

Congrats.

The article states the PS5 launch far exceeded PS4 launch sales which were in the ballpark of 250k.

Sounds like a 350k - 400k opening.

PotentHerbs said:

The article states the PS5 launch far exceeded PS4 launch sales which were in the ballpark of 250k.

Sounds like a 350k - 400k opening.

it's still a possibility, we'll see