By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis: Actually a good game?

Is it?

Yes 20 71.43%

No 8 28.57%

Total:28

Crysis's graphical and hardware-pushing prowess is legendary; "can it run Crysis" has been a meme ever since it released, and even today the game is largely known for its technology.

But beneath all that, for those who have played it, do you think it's actually a good game, or more of an extended tech demo?

Around the Network

I enjoyed battling over the island at the time it was good till the space ship.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 24 November 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Mediocre first half. Bad the second half.

Last edited by Leynos - on 24 November 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Firefights were good in how you approached them. It was strategic when you activated your cloak or armor abilities. Otherwise I’ve definitely played better FPS games.

Recommend as a one-and-done game. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

But, can you run it?

Around the Network
Chicho said:

But, can you run it?

Yep.

It was OK. Probably better than I remember it.

Crysis was actually spiritual successor to FarCry 1 and way closer to its design than actual Ubisoft FarCry 2 (still being best Ubi FarCry to date, bar some annoying things about respawns). And for me FarCry 1 (especially on Realistic) is one of the best FPS games ever made. So Crysis came as bit of a disappointment - nanosuit, while cool and giving you options how to play, made it too easy...actually way, way too easy. It was enjoyable, but not as great as I have hoped for (played it on Radeon 4850 back in 2008).

HoloDust said:

It was OK. Probably better than I remember it.

Crysis was actually spiritual successor to FarCry 1 and way closer to its design than actual Ubisoft FarCry 2 (still being best Ubi FarCry to date, bar some annoying things about respawns). And for me FarCry 1 (especially on Realistic) is one of the best FPS games ever made. So Crysis came as bit of a disappointment - nanosuit, while cool and giving you options how to play, made it too easy...actually way, way too easy. It was enjoyable, but not as great as I have hoped for (played it on Radeon 4850 back in 2008).

What's that heresy you speak about Far Cry 3?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Crytek haven't made a good game yet.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Yes. It gave you a lot of freedom in approaching fights. It did get noticeably worse about 2/3 through after the twist though.