By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm tempted to commit a true act of sacrilege

I sold my first Switch for over $400. Slept like a baby that night. It's not like you scalped the thing, so sell with no shame.

Around the Network

I’d say your conscience is clean so long as you are in the lower spectrum of scalper prices

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

^ hell no if he can find someone that will also pay 1000 let them pay

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Make that coin sis

Scalping is scummy IMO

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

You are aware that you won't be able to buy a new console anywhere this year, though? Also, at the end of the day, you probably won't make very much money. I don't think in reality anyone's going to pay more than $100 over the RRP price (it'll barely cover the hassle of shipping it). It's only the exceptional cases you hear about.

You didn't intend on scalping it when you bought it. Might as well sell it for a bit extra. The extra could pay for a game or 2 for when you are actually ready to play.

Scalping is buying all the limited supply and reselling it at markup, you're reselling the unit you got since you want be using it.

btw i give you treefiddy

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nogamez said:
How are you going to sell it? Is someone selling it on your behalf? Also have you seen them SELLING for 750 or just ASKING for 750?

yeah they're selling at £750 (+/- £30) on the UK ebay. There's a black friday discount tomorrow which has max £1 final value fees, so I'll probably get about £250-300 without ebay taking many of my coins. 

Some of them do seem to go waay higher which makes me think that people are making phoney bids to derail the scalpers' schemes, or these people are just rich and bored.