By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Sammy asks 650 employees to voluntarily resign by February 2021, expecting huge financial losses

JRPGfan said:

Time for Sony to step in, and offer them a huge pay check, for Atlus.
(apart from Yakuza... and the Atlus RPGs.... sega doesnt do much for me)

Bolded: Agreed.

Since the merge I've always hoped that Sega and Atlus would team up to do a Yakuza game, but with Atlus RPG style. Still waiting for this...*crosses finger

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

It's normal during recession, by cutting human resource will help them a lot. It's not indication the company will be gone. They have other income beside gaming that will help them. Also they have made a deal to sell some of their arcade amusement place in Japan. 

Really hope M$ goes in for the kill and buys out Sega in it's entirety from Sammy.

我是广州人

I do not know how to feel about such a big company asking 650 employees that , feels a bit wrong.

Well yeah if they upfront get a good sum of money then i would be more fine with it.( my dad had samelike experience and he got 70000 eur)

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 07 November 2020

(Insert Xbox fan request that MS look down upon a weakened Sega and pounce on the opportunity)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
shikamaru317 said:

If ever Microsoft was going to make an actual play for success in Japan, now would be the time to do it. Sega stock is about to be much cheaper, and a Sega acquisition would be perfect for them, not only giving them Japanese IP's and developers to release on Xbox Series/PC/xCloud, but Sega also owns several western PC developers whose games could be used to push Gamepass PC.

No, and stop asking for this. It's not going to happen nor should it.

Why not? It could very well happen if MS was determined enough, Sega is hurting enough, and if the price is right.

As for the bold I’m curious what the emotional reasoning behind your post is. Surely any real Sega fan back in the day would be happy they get a second chance to take down the company that ran them out of the console business. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Signalstar said:
d21lewis said:
In the 2000s, rapper Nas (whom I love) battled his rival, Jay Z for the crown of best rapper. At one point, Nas wound up working with Jay Z after their rivalry ended. Eventually, Jay Z became a billionaire and married Beyonce. Meanwhile Nas (despite a net worth of $80m) is often in great debt. At one point, they were considered equals.

Nintendo is Jay Z meanwhile Sega is Nas.

This is the blackest thing you have ever posted on this site.

As a fellow black man I fully get it.

Fo shizzle.

Well, I DID vote for Biden. Imagine the consequences if I didn't!