By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UK Next gen delayed?! Lockdown 2

Ka-pi96 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I had £450 in my game rewards card lol

So why didn't you just order it to be delivered from Game.co.uk?

I got my PS4 from them and they delivered it on launch day with no issue. They also typically get new game releases delivered a day before release (sometimes 2) so getting delivery from their website is usually better than going in store.

Online won't allow you to preorder and or pay for anything that's on your rewards card / gift card or I would have. Also, the plan was to get it at mid night as they usually have a midnight launch, meaning I would have it the at least 8-12hrs before. Get home, say it up, download / install any games I've bought and the next day just plug and play. 

Around the Network

From Game.co.UK

XBOX SERIES S/X - STORE PRE-ORDERS
Please come and pre-purchase your console from now until Wednesday evening.

You will then be able to collect your console on launch day between 8am-2pm.

Xbox All Access customers will be contacted directly tomorrow with further instruction.

Hang on "come and collect"?, I thought Boris just initiated a 4 week lockdown?. Game UK isn't counted as an "essential" place to go to, especially during another lockdown situation. Though in saying that, it's not like the cops are going to be patrolling outside GAME to make sure ppl don't go in anyway.

Chazore said:
Hang on "come and collect"?, I thought Boris just initiated a 4 week lockdown?. Game UK isn't counted as an "essential" place to go to, especially during another lockdown situation. Though in saying that, it's not like the cops are going to be patrolling outside GAME to make sure ppl don't go in anyway.

A friend said even during the dust lockdown, game didn't close. They found a way to stay open. The one in Leicester it's inside a sports direct as well so not sure what and how their doing it.

Chazore said:

Click and collect, it is not that different than getting your packages from amazon at a postal office/a drop point.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Chazore said:

Click and collect, it is not that different than getting your packages from amazon at a postal office/a drop point.

It kind of is when you're talking pre-orders and day 1 collection for a brand new console. Especially if they're only offering limited hours to collect, you'd have to assume it would end up being pretty busy (ie. the exact opposite of what it should be in a lockdown).

Ka-pi96 said:
konnichiwa said:

It kind of is when you're talking pre-orders and day 1 collection for a brand new console. Especially if they're only offering limited hours to collect, you'd have to assume it would end up being pretty busy (ie. the exact opposite of what it should be in a lockdown).

So long you have a line like postal offices it will be fine,  it is not like hundreds of consoles will be picked up.

I'm getting my PS5 regardless.