By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cloud gaming on the Switch is amazing

mZuzek said:
SKMBlake said:

Overall probably the best looking Switch game so far.

nahh

lol, it's running ray tracing effects the PS5 probably can't even do. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Soundwave said:

lol, it's running ray tracing effects the PS5 probably can't even do. 

Advanced technology doesn't inherently make a game good-looking.

Well for this one it does

mZuzek said:
SKMBlake said:

Well for this one it does

I suppose so. I haven't played it, but from everything I've seen of it, I wasn't super impressed by it visually, but it does look good anyway. I just wouldn't say it's the best looking game on the console, not for me personally at least. Think nothing on the system comes even close to Will of the Wisps.

But on a technical level, Control is obviously the best.

My man!!

d21lewis said:
mZuzek said:

I suppose so. I haven't played it, but from everything I've seen of it, I wasn't super impressed by it visually, but it does look good anyway. I just wouldn't say it's the best looking game on the console, not for me personally at least. Think nothing on the system comes even close to Will of the Wisps.

But on a technical level, Control is obviously the best.

My man!!

Tables have turned quickly I guess

Okay after 25 hours, I've played the whole game (main + 2 DLC), and was one of the best gaming experience I've experienced (sorry for the lack of vocabulary on this one) this year.

And I can definitly confirm, cloud gaming on the Switch can open huge gaming doors in the near future.

Around the Network

So after 1 year, and trying 4 cloud-based games so far, the last one being Guardians of Galaxy, I can confirm cloud gaming on the Switch is the best alternative for the system that cannot run demanding games.

That's only if your internet is fast though.

Kakadu18 said:

No, not really, it also works with DSL connection, and Switch's weak wifi

SKMBlake said:
Kakadu18 said:

That's great to hear. Makes me even more confident in Nintendo going forward with their SCD patent.

SKMBlake said:
Kakadu18 said:

I'm talking about your internet speed. My internet speed is not as high, so I can't play Hitman 3 in handheld with a wireless connection. I tried the demo of Control and it didn't work and I was kicked out. I think we've had this conversation already. Not everyone will have the same experience as you with cloud games. Hitman worked fine for me only with a wired connection and I still had plenty of hick ups that in a faster paced game like Control or GotG would have ruined the entire experience for me. I've been playing Hitman the last few days and I died several times because it went to sub 10 fps randomly.