By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I was able to grab a PS5 pre order.... but I'm feeling a certain kinda way now.

Today I was able to secure a PS5... and some other shit I didn't want. Gamestop had everybody ready for another chance at a PS5 pre order today, but what the assholes didn't mention is if you purchased online, your not just getting a PS5, but their specialty bundle that no one asked for. When I put the PS5 in the cart it auto switched to bundle and left me in such a tight window of choice (after already spending hours refreshing and visiting GS to find out they had 8 and I was the ninth person there) that I just took the bite without any major thought

Mine came with:

Base PS5 Disk version

Demon's Souls

Spiderman

Extra controller

and year free of plus (which I already have)

for $850

Now bundle is not bad. I was definitely getting 2 games with one being Demon's Souls and the other planned to be Sackboy, but I'm not mad at Spider-Man. The extra controller is meh... with the worthless PS + being the major sour point. Base P55 + 2 games had me looking north of $700 anyway but I think my heart is saying if I had know it was a bundle I probably would not have even bothered with pre orders today. I'm gonna keep it, primarily just to remove myself from the whole pre order/running around for it later crap. I feel the same way I would feel If I bought from a scalper.

Around the Network

Capitalism at its best.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Virtua Fighter should definitely do a soft reboot like Soul Calibur and Samurai Showdown. It has been so song since anything has been done with the series that anybody under a certain age will be left in dark.

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Xxain - on 25 September 2020

Xxain said:

Base P55 + 2 games had me looking north of $700 anyway 

Why tho. Base PS5 + 2 games = $640. 
Im not sure I like that bundle. Sounds more expensive than it should, considering that extra controller you didnt want. 

You will be able to sell all of the stuff you don't want at full price on ebay etc anyway. I regularly end up getting more money for selling Nintendo games on ebay when I'm done with them than I paid to preorder them in the first place.

Around the Network

You can stack the year of PS Plus on top of your sub and sell the controller on Ebay, maybe?

Jpcc86 said:
Xxain said:

Base P55 + 2 games had me looking north of $700 anyway 

Im not sure I like that bundle. Sounds more expensive than it should, considering that extra controller you didnt want. 

Tax + shipping and I think Both games and $70

I'm sure the year psn plus is an actual charge not a bonus.

Why is it so expensive?

Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:

Tax + shipping and I think Both games and $70

You were charged for shipping too??  Do the other retailers charge for shipping on consoles?  I thought most had free shipping on orders over $50 or so.  I preordered my XBox from the MS Store and got free shipping.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish