Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic 30th anniversary logo revealed, year will be celebrated with new games (plural), events, major announcements

Can't say I'm too excited about that seeing as there have been two good Sonic games in the past decade.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm hoping for a mix of old and new for Sonic Mania 2. The first one had more old levels remade and not many newer levels, while a sequel I'd want it would be 50/50. I'd also like to see the Super Emeralds, which means Hyper Sonic and Hyper Knuckles (aka totally a copy of Super Saiyan 2). 

That is literally exactly what I want for Mania 2. More new levels in the mix, 50/50 remake and new this time instead of 33/66 new/like in Mania 1, with more total levels as well (they'll have 4 years of development on Mania 2, longer than Mania 1 got, so it should be a bigger game). Super emeralds are back, Hyper forms for Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails (Hyper Tails would be like Super Tails from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, with the little superpowered flickies floating around him and increased speed over Super Tails), as well as Mighty and Ray from Mania Plus. New playable characters this time as well, each with Super and Hyper forms, especially Classic Amy, more of the Chaotix characters as well if possible.

I agree with you 100% on everything you listed. I hope it has as many levels as Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I've been thinking on a good first level and I think I would prefer Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles over Emerald Hill Zone. Emerald Hill is too similar to Green Hill, IMO. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

That is literally exactly what I want for Mania 2. More new levels in the mix, 50/50 remake and new this time instead of 33/66 new/like in Mania 1, with more total levels as well (they'll have 4 years of development on Mania 2, longer than Mania 1 got, so it should be a bigger game). Super emeralds are back, Hyper forms for Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails (Hyper Tails would be like Super Tails from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, with the little superpowered flickies floating around him and increased speed over Super Tails), as well as Mighty and Ray from Mania Plus. New playable characters this time as well, each with Super and Hyper forms, especially Classic Amy, more of the Chaotix characters as well if possible.

I agree with you 100% on everything you listed. I hope it has as many levels as Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I've been thinking on a good first level and I think I would prefer Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles over Emerald Hill Zone. Emerald Hill is too similar to Green Hill, IMO. 

Yeah, Mushroom Hill 100% for sure should be the first level in Mania 2, much better choice than Emerald Hill and Palmtree Panic, but between those two I would rather have Palmtree Panic than Emerald Hill. I think remake wise, they should aim for 2 per classic game imo, so 2 from each of 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD, for 10 remakes total. Then 10 new levels. Remakes I want to see most from each:

• Spring Yard Zone
  • Starlight Zone

CD

• Tidal Tempest Zone (with US soundtrack)
  • Wacky Workbench Zone

• Mystic Cave Zone
  • Metropolis Zone

• Ice Cap Zone
  • Launch Base Zone

Knuckles

• Mushroom Hill Zone
  • Hidden Palace Zone (whereas this wan't a real zone in the original, just a short area before a boss fight, Mania 2 would be a great opportunity to turn it into a real level)

So what do you guys want the new Sonic Team 3D Sonic to be? Something totally new, a sequel to Adventure 2, an Adventure 1 remake? Alot of teasing the past year or so from Sonic Team that they are doing something Adventure related, either Adventure 3 or an Adventure 1 remake (or 1+2 Remake) most likely. Whatever the game is, will have 4 years of development with a late 2021 release, Forces released in late 2017 and Sonic Team hasn't released any other games since then.

Just give me Mania 2 with Master System's Jungle Zone, Sky Base Zone and Bonus stages and make me cry from happiness already Sega.
(I'm accepting Bridge Zone too if you want to gimme, Sega, with autoscrooling and all).

Around the Network

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but a new Sonic Generations would be amazing...

- Mania 2 with all original, new levels.

- Adventure 1+2 remakes OR Adventure 3.

Exit: Oh, and I wouldn’t mind a 3rd storybook game.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - 6 days ago

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah, Mushroom Hill 100% for sure should be the first level in Mania 2, much better choice than Emerald Hill and Palmtree Panic, but between those two I would rather have Palmtree Panic than Emerald Hill. I think remake wise, they should aim for 2 per classic game imo, so 2 from each of 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD, for 10 remakes total. Then 10 new levels. Remakes I want to see most from each:

• Spring Yard Zone
  • Starlight Zone

CD

• Tidal Tempest Zone (with US soundtrack)
  • Wacky Workbench Zone

• Mystic Cave Zone
  • Metropolis Zone

• Ice Cap Zone
  • Launch Base Zone

Knuckles

• Mushroom Hill Zone
  • Hidden Palace Zone (whereas this wan't a real zone in the original, just a short area before a boss fight, Mania 2 would be a great opportunity to turn it into a real level)

Sonic 1 zones I agree with. I'm not a fan of the Sonic CD level designs, so I wouldn't mind if they skipped it entirely this time. Sonic 2 zones I'd like Hill Top, Sky Chase and Wing Fortress. Sonic 3 I'd say Marble Garden and Ice Cap. Sonic & Knuckles I'd like Mushroom Hill and Sky Sanctuary. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Steps to success for Sonic anniversary:

1. Sonic 3D All Stars Collection of Sonic Adventures 1 + 2 and Sonic Colors remade with current gen graphics.

2. Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Live House Raceway featuring AR racing and a functional RC Sonic car.

3. Sonic 30. An all new battle royale style Sonic game where 30 players compete by playing 2D Sonic levels and try to be the last hedgehog standing.

4. GameGear Micro Sonic Edition. A Micro GameGear that comes with 3 playable Sonic games (This product actually exists).

5. Sonic Forces + Eggman's Anger a upgraded re-release of Sonic Forces for the PS5 and Xbox Series with added bonus content.

6. ????

7. Profit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'm more interested in a 3d Sonic game than a 2d one. I want one that focuses on Team Dark: Shadow, Rouge, and Omega.