By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Should I buy Crusader Kings 3?

Hey, so I like games like Civ and Endless Legend. I'm not the biggest fan of RTS unless I can pause the game while making decisions. Anywho, should I get Crusader Kings 3?

Around the Network

I don't know if you'd dislike this suggestion, but it is a Gamepass for PC game as far as I'm aware. Considering Gamepass is only $1 a month for your first month, I'd just do that.

Did you like crusaders king 2? Crusader kings 2 went free to play but if you want all the expansions and other DLC is over 300. These game Get a ton of DLC.

Pay for Xbox GamePass for a month and play it then cancel. Or keep subscribed to continued saving a fortune on games like me.

Unless you don't have a PC or Xbox, in that case I don't know.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I don't know if you'd dislike this suggestion, but it is a Gamepass for PC game as far as I'm aware. Considering Gamepass is only $1 a month for your first month, I'd just do that.

That's a good idea for trying the game! Gamepass saves can be transferred to Steam later on. :) https://www.pcgamesn.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-steam#:~:text=While%20this%20would%20usually%20mean,replacing%20the%20Steam%20save%20files.

Ka-pi96 said:
Crusader Kings 3 isn't an RTS game. If you're expecting something like Age of Empires or Command & Conquer then you're not going to get anything close to what you expect.

I'd say try Crusader Kings 2 first. It's free to play now and IMO better than CK3 still in every department other than graphics. CK3 is still missing a bunch of stuff that CK2 had.

If it's not an RTS then I'm down to play it for sure. From what I've read online CK3 has a streamlined UI, without dumbing the series down. Since CK2 is free I'll try that as well. Do those CK2 DLC packs ever go on sale? $300 seems like a lot of money for DLC IMO. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 04 September 2020

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

If it's not an RTS then I'm down to play it for sure. From what I've read online CK3 has a streamlined UI, without dumbing the series down. Since CK2 is free I'll try that as well. Do those CK2 DLC packs ever go on sale? $300 seems like a lot of money for DLC IMO. 

You should be good then. It's technically an RTS with pause, but in this case 'with pause' means 'play at your own pace'. In CK2, I think you can even configure what events pause the game automatically. As for CK2 DLC, they go on sale constantly. I don't think the prices are that great even when discounted, but discount percentages aren't horrible either, so as long as you know what to expect pricing-wise, you should be good.