By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mouse keeps disonnecting, how to fix?

Since this afternoon my mouse keeps randomly disconnecting when I use it.
I tried a different mouse, same thing.
Tried different USB ports, uninstalled the driver (I think, it's listed as HD compliant mouse, listed twice)
Turn off the USB power save settings.

It's very annoying, USB disconnect sound and reconnect sound again and again. The light also goes off on the mouse. Maybe try a third one, would be odd two break the same day.

If I don't touch it, it's fine. Is it the mice, windows 10, my usb ports, driver conflict, how do I find out???

Around the Network

I know you tried different USB ports, have you tried using the Front I/O USB ports on your case?

Also when you uninstall the drivers uninstall both and then restart your PC without the mouse being connected and see how that goes.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

what if you use a different usb device? ( stick/keyboard/phone charger )
use the mouse on a different pc?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

What mouse is it?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I found a third mouse, that one seems to be working, except for the mouse wheel and it needs a mouse pad to work. Sad, my good old laser gaming mouse is dead :(

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
What mouse is it?

It just says Desktop Laser Mouse, model number: 96149. It's ancient. On the front I can just make out Verbati... rest is worn off. The alternative I tried turned out to be the mouse my kid had the same issues with on his laptop. That was a cheapo Asus mouse. Now using a cheapo Dynex wired mouse.

I guess it's time to invest in a quality mouse instead of these rejects :)

I did the uninstall and reboot btw, it must be the mouse. I'll try it on my old windows 7 pc, see if it works on there.

SvennoJ said:
Captain_Yuri said:
What mouse is it?

It just says Desktop Laser Mouse, model number: 96149. It's ancient. On the front I can just make out Verbati... rest is worn off. The alternative I tried turned out to be the mouse my kid had the same issues with on his laptop. That was a cheapo Asus mouse. Now using a cheapo Dynex wired mouse.

I guess it's time to invest in a quality mouse instead of these rejects :)

I did the uninstall and reboot btw, it must be the mouse. I'll try it on my old windows 7 pc, see if it works on there.

Sounds like it was a soldier loll. I do like my Logitech wireless mice, they took quite a beating over the years and still worked. The only problem is a lot of them are still micro USB instead of USB-C.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've bought more new mice and keyboards than I have pairs of socks for the last 17 years. This year I finally invested in a mechanical keyboard. Mouse I still cheaped out on. I use them so much I wear them out fast. One day might invest in an expensive mouse. I do still have a wired MS mouse from 2003 as a backup.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!