By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wasteland 3 Review/Discussion Thread (86 meta)

Tagged games:

Seems the review embargo is up. Loads of great impressions and a few reviews.

PC Metacritic (day one GamePass) - 86
Xbox Metacritic (day one GamePass) - 86
PS4 Metacritic -77

Ars Technica - "Tons of gameplay, 80-100 hours"
PCGamesN - "Brilliantly bloody" (9)
Eurogamer - "The Fallout game we've been craving" (Recommended)
PCGamer - "still an RPG where a toaster can be cracked open for sweet loot" (84)
GamesRadar - "Terrifically executed RPG that rewards player investment" (8)
wccftech - "features everything only the best RPGs do" (9)
windowscentral - "quite possibly my game of the generation" (10)

Will add more as they are available.

Last edited by LudicrousSpeed - on 06 September 2020

Around the Network

I'm loving the reviews and when they talk about how streamlined everything is. I sometimes enjoy the deliberately tedious design of old school PC RPG's but it gets really old sometimes having to go through so many menus and clicks just to accomplish a simple task like unlocking or opening something. So to read that it's all been modernized is music to my ears. Also very excited to read that the writing is up to par. It was blatantly obvious that the Microsoft acquisition resulted in a huge influx in cash, you could see it from the design of the game and the visuals. That also resulted in it becoming much more mainstream designed, which I worried would make the writing suffer, but apparently it's quite good.

Most lower reviews nail the game for not being mainstream enough. Weird criteria for certain people.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is good looking :) 2 more days!

I would like to know how it compares to the first, more so if it's easier to get into. I tried Wasteland 2 and struggled, not only because I don't like perma death but I wasn't hardly in the game at all and got my arse kicked by what I thought was a relatively easy enemy. I couldn't get into it because of this. Different to say X-com which started off easy and ramps up hard instead.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Most lower reviews nail the game for not being mainstream enough. Weird criteria for certain people.

Indeed weird. I applaud to every dev, especially in RPG genre, that gives a middle finger to catering to mainstream.

Wonder why reviews have stopped coming in? PC still sits at 26, Xbone got another so is at 3, PS4 finally got one.

Ok, apparently console review codes didn’t go out until Monday.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Ok, apparently console review codes didn’t go out until Monday.

And it is a 80 hour game more or less 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Congratulations, very Solid score.
There are already 26 reviews on meta and 42 on open.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."