By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Forums all listing oldest topics first, how to fix?

I don't know what I did, but whenever I click a forum, like general, the topics are sorted from oldest first, so they're all from like 2006 instead of today.

How do I change it back?

Around the Network

Set the time circuits forward and go 88MPH!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Try going into a particular forum, and clicking the "last post" button on the upper right hand corner.

Otherwise, I dunno. Necrobump some stuff I guess.

Machina said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forums.php#content

Near the top of the forum section there are tabs in bolded black text for:

'Topic Author Posts New Views Recent Last Post'

Click 'Last Post' so that an arrow appears pointing downwards and the forum will order by most recent post.

I tried this but it doesn't work; it just takes me to "hot topics" and when I go back to say, "general" it's still sorted by oldest first.

curl-6 said:
Machina said:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forums.php#content

Near the top of the forum section there are tabs in bolded black text for:

'Topic Author Posts New Views Recent Last Post'

Click 'Last Post' so that an arrow appears pointing downwards and the forum will order by most recent post.

I tried this but it doesn't work; it just takes me to "hot topics" and when I go back to say, "general" it's still sorted by oldest first.

I remember this happened to me a good while ago.

Can’t remember how I sorted it out. But did you try erasing the website’s cookies and internet history?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Can’t remember how I sorted it out. But did you try erasing the website’s cookies and internet history?

Thanks man, that seems to have fixed it, just wiped out "cookies and site data" for the last 24 hours and it's back to normal now.

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Thanks man, that seems to have fixed it, just wiped out "cookies and site data" for the last 24 hours and it's back to normal now.

It's been an issue for a long time. It happens when you accidentally click on one of the headers in the table to sort. For some reason that locks it in the cookie and it's stuck there even if you sort for something different. The only solution is to delete that cookie so that sorting goes back to default.

If you don't want to delete all of your cookies you can just search for your cookies in your browser and delete the cookie with the name "gc_threadsort".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.