By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Warner Bros Interactive no longer for sale

DragonRouge said:
hinch said:
The best conclusion really. I wouldn't want them to become exclusive nor EA's or Activision's cashcows.

Warner Bros ain't that much better of a publisher really.

Better than the alternative. I don't have any confidence that a buyout will be good for any of their franchises.

Around the Network

I wish Bandai Namco or Sega would buy just the Mortal Kombat franchise and Netherrealm Studios along with it. I don't know if Sega has the cash but Bandai Namco is a huge company and could easily afford the franchise. I don't really care about DC licenses, and I'd rather MK not end up in the hands of either Microsoft or EActubi.

Update:
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3610696-t-looking-to-keep-warner-bros-videogaming-unit-bloomberg

AT&T looking to keep Warner Bros. videogaming unit - Bloomberg
Sep. 1, 2020 3:47 PM ET|About: AT&T Inc. (T)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

In the latest fast-moving asset-sale news from AT&T (T -1.3%), the company is said to be scrapping the idea of selling its Warner Bros. videogame unit, Bloomberg reports.

In June, news emerged that it was looking at a potential sale of the unit that might have drawn $4B, possibly from one of the big three game publishers (ATVI -0.6%, EA -1.1%, TTWO +0.8%) - all of which expressed interest. And The Information later reported that Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) was eyeballing the gaming unit.

But now that division may be too valuable for AT&T to unload - though other assets are clearly on the block.

AT&T is considering the sales of its DirecTV operations as well as its Xandr digital ad unit.

Sounds pretty shut case now.