By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter Art Design

Tagged games:

What art style would you like to see for the next street fighter game?

Current one is fine, don't change it. 2 16.67%

Return to sprites like th... 5 41.67%

Give me 3D. I want it to look like Tekken. 0 0%

No make them real like Mortal Kombat. 0 0%

Other - let me tell you how it's done. 5 41.67%

Total:12

The style from TVC

I hate the incredible hulk look IV and V have.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I'd love to see 2D spites again like KOF 13.

they have too make a 3d engine that looks like that pic. similar too GuiltyGear Strive

I also hate the "washed-out" and hulk look with unproportional limbs. Otherwise, make it like Street Fighter II but in 2.5D (i.e. like IV or better like V minus the things I mentioned). What I'm more worried is that Capcom has lost their handling to create new Characters that leave an impression. All 17 characters of (Super) II (Turbo) were and still are legendary. Basically, all new characters of III, IV and V (all versions) are crap!

SFIII art style but in 3D, just like DragonBall FighterZ.

Hiku said:

I'd love to see 2D spites again like KOF 13.

Though I think they'd be worried the visuals would hinder its sales, so more realistically I think it'd be something like this.

Fei-Hung said:

I don't know why, but it seems to take longer to make these games too where other games pump out several games with equally as deep mechanics or more, whilst street fighter struggles. 

It's probably true that 3D would make the game take longer than 2D. But which games do you feel took longer?
I haven't compared the release dates, but Street Fighter 4 and 5 kept getting updates with new seasons, characters, mechanics, balance changes, etc every year or so. Which is similar to how they handled Street Fighter 2 with a lot of new version releases.

I don't think it will hinder sales at all. 3D cell shaded graphics have come a long way. 2D art style can be done in 3D to great effect. Look at what Arcsystem Works done 7 years ago

When you have a talented developer behind its amazing at how close 3D can come to 2D drawings and animation. Without the caveats, and advantages of using 3D models vs 2D drawn sprites.

I would play a new Street Figher with these visuals 100%. I'm actually turned off the art style of 4 onwards. Everyone just has overemphasized body proportions and its a weird middle ground of being cartoony, but not.