By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Moon Studios (Ori dev's) are makeing a multiplat Action RPG next!

Surprised?

yes 11 45.83%

nope 13 54.17%

Total:24

They have been hireing extra since back in May.
Potentially to work on this next project.

I must admit this was a surprise to me.
I saw them a 2nd party Xbox studio that made Ori games only.

Anyone else surprised?

Around the Network

Thats fantastic news. I'll be looking forward to it, tho "Action RPG" sounds like a weird genre for that studio to tackle, im still curious about it.

This is a great narrative for certain fanbases to use against Microsoft *cough cough*

Hopefully it's a cool action RPG and not, you know, what most action RPGs are currently.

They started talking about this in 2019. The only “surprising” part would be multiplat but that’s not all that surprising. They’ve always talked about wanting to stay small and in control of their work. Multiplat doesn’t surprise me, a Switch exclusive wouldn’t surprise me.

Nope, not surprised in the slightest. In fact, it was expected. Anyway, hope they continue to make great games into the future. I'll be keeping an eye out on their next game.

Around the Network

Sounds good to me. If they can’t stay exclusive to MS I’m happy that they go full multiplat going forward.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
Has been known for awhile that their action RPG was planned to be multiplat. I think they're making a terrible choice signing with Private Division though, they have proven to be just as shitty as their parent company Take-Two. Private Division royally screwed over Star Theory, the Kerbal Space program devs. They contracted them to do a sequel to Kerbal Space program, then decided that they wanted to acquire them instead. Had meetings with the founders, who decided they didn't want to be acquired. So Provate Division sent emails to all of their developers over a weekend offering them a raise and a bonus package to come work at a new studio that would be developing Kerbal instead. Most of the devs decided to take the offer, leaving the founders and what devs chose to remain just a few weeks to create pitches for new games to make to publishers to try and get funding. Then corona hit and cancelled PAX, leaving the devs with nowhere to meet with publishers at, and Star Theory was forced to close. Those kind of aggressive acquisition attacks don't belong in the gaming industry, I fear that Moon Studios just signed a deal with the devil.

Yikes

Ori is an excellent series of games. I am glad more people can enjoy Moon studios games.

So by multiplatform.. Which platforms?

All platforms? Xbox PC and Switch like Ori was?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Uhhh thought this had been known. Either way excited to see it