By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reason why I preffer Halo 3 to COD4 online...

1. Vehicles - COD has no vehicles and that alone makes it lose points in my books. On the other hand, Halo vehicles execution are done quite well.

2. Gamplay tactics - I see Call of duty 4 as more of duck and cover, sneak around kind of game. Kinda like counter strike evolved... Where halo 3 is just all out chaos and war... I preffer all out war.

3. Weapons and power ups - Both have cool weapons but I prefer the mix and match of Halo.

Single player mode does go to COD4 tho...

Anyone care to share why they preffer one to the other? And please...no "Game 1 sucks a$$ while game 2 rules!"

Around the Network

I don't own COD4 so I really can't say..
But I'd like to add that Halo 3 offers Forge,
Saved Films to see how you died or whatever (You can get some really funny deaths)
And awesome online game modes (CTF, Grifball, Zombie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

I prefer Halo 3 online because it seems better suited and balanced for competitive multiplayer. Having all players start with equal equipment and abilities makes player skill separate the good from the bad. The community and online features from Bungie also push it above the rest. New playlists every weekend, forge, theater, online stat tracking/community, all work to keep the game fresh and interesting.

I just feel that having experienced players start with superior equipment/skills/abilities is fundamentally wrong in a online multiplayer game. The only game it somewhat worked IMO is the battlefield series on PC. Those games were mainly equipment differences but never grossly overpowered. The "kits" could also be could be retrieved by "low level players" from the dead.

I personally can't wait until the next modern warfare Battlefield game comes out for PC. It will be much better than COD4 IMO. They just seemed more epic in scale and tactical then anything COD4 has. The addition of vehicles is also a big plus in my book.

This is all about online though. If it was down to the single player campaign then then I much prefer COD4 over Halo3 even if both were rather short.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I only own halo 3...... But I personally think that vehicles on 4 VS 4 maps are p***y weapons and are annoying as hell

LOL, I think Halo 3 is 50% skill and 50% good weapons

yeah, when I played COD4 I kept getting killed by the bull**** death grenades.... arg..... I think halo 3's weapons are good, alot of variety, but when I played COD4, the kills felt more like more of an accomplishment (which is better)

So, I didn't play COD4 long, but I am content with Halo3 right now.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I prefer Call of Duty 4 because of its realistic nature. I enjoy Halo too as it's slightly easier with the shield system, whereas COD4 can get very difficult. COD4 is also more tactical i think in the weapon upgrade system with perks which Halo lacks and the ability to call in air strikes.

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
I prefer Call of Duty 4 because of its realistic nature. I enjoy Halo too as it's slightly easier with the shield system, whereas COD4 can get very difficult. COD4 is also more tactical i think in the weapon upgrade system with perks which Halo lacks and the ability to call in air strikes.

I agree.  Cod4 is more of a simulation where halo 3 of an arcade shooter

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

After playing Halo 3 for so long online, I found Call of Duty 4 to easy. COD4 is a good game but not really what I wanted online for a realistic war game. I actually prefer Battlefield 2 to both of these.

i prefer halo 3
i actually feel that cod 4 while being a good game is kind of a dumbed down version of battlefield

selnor said:
After playing Halo 3 for so long online, I found Call of Duty 4 to easy. COD4 is a good game but not really what I wanted online for a realistic war game. I actually prefer Battlefield 2 to both of these.

If they made a real battlefield game (32 vs 32 player action!)then yes. With voice  when you join a squad or are commander.

I found CoD4 to be too much of a luck game, Halo3 takes more skill to be good at. A no lag match of CoD4 with a M16 red dot with Bandolier/stopping power/deep impact is unbeatable. You can hold down entire teams in corners with just one player.