By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 6 confirmed by Ubisoft after leak, possible Far Cry 3 prequel

I don't really see why Vaas would need an origin story, but....ok.

Around the Network

Far Cry 6 aside, I'm shocked Ubisoft never bothered to port the series to the Switch, not even when they released the single player only version for 8th gen consoles. You'd think that would be a good excuse for a port.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Angelus said:

It's the 9th Far Cry game. Gotta come up with something. And fast!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm wondering how many of these "free upgrade" games, if any at all, will have separate trophy/achievement lists.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Nice, I can always do with more Far Cry in my life. Part 3 is still my favorite due to the tropical setting. Too bad it's still so far away :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
COKTOE said:
I'm wondering how many of these "free upgrade" games, if any at all, will have separate trophy/achievement lists.

Apparently none of them do on Xbox. Smart Delivery next-gen versions are treated as an update for the current gen versions and share saves and achievement lists. Only games from publishers who aren't participating in Smart Delivery, like NBA 2K21, will have separate lists. 

Ahhh, that makes sense. Especially with the shared saves, which I didn't know was a thing.

Gotta tug on them nostalgia strings for juicy upticks in sales, eh Ubisoft?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Angelus said:

This^ looks like another Ubi game I'll grab on sale for dirt cheap. No interest in Vaas' origin in the slightest

NobleTeam360 said:

This^ looks like another Ubi game I'll grab on sale for dirt cheap. No interest in Vaas' origin in the slightest

Iw as interested in him yonks ago, but not now. This is them purely going for the nostalgia factor, in the hopes it'll net them a sales increase. They could have given us an origin story in FC4 or even 5, but it took years for that to even happen and a decline of sales. 

I don't even think they actually care about Vass, I think they know a crowd likes him, and they want to go back and cash in on that. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Iw as interested in him yonks ago, but not now. This is them purely going for the nostalgia factor, in the hopes it'll net them a sales increase. They could have given us an origin story in FC4 or even 5, but it took years for that to even happen and a decline of sales. 

I don't even think they actually care about Vass, I think they know a crowd likes him, and they want to go back and cash in on that. 

Ah fair enough and agreed on the nostalgia point.