By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo “Extend the Life Cycle of the Switch” and talks About Next System!

NSW 2 Will Release in....

2022 4 14.29%

2023 4 14.29%

2024 15 53.57%

2025 5 17.86%

2026+ 0 0%

Total:28
Captain_Yuri said:
Please don't name it the Switch U

Switch Tu?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I hope a good Strategy RPG releases for the console, before it gets replaced.

Wait, do you think that Three Houses isn't at least an alright strategy RPG?  

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Pyro as Bill said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Please don't name it the Switch U

Switch Tu?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Prepare yourselves for WiiU remastered games on Switch to receive 4k remasters on Switch 2! I kid. (But it will probably happen with what happens these days. Remaster all the things!)

I would like to see some more remakes akin to what we saw with Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening, old gameboy/gameboy colour/NES games with a new coat of pain, it's a good way to keep pushing the systems relevancy for me, nostalgia and all that.

Nintendo would already have the Switch 2 in development and can push it out once the Switch's hardware sales rate starts to stall. so it makes sense to keep the current Switch going while it has some impressive momentum going forward.

Plus there is room for more Switch variants/hardware revisions as well to accrue more sales. (I.E. Switch TV.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

They should stick with the hybrid concept for the next system and add refinements like more ergonomic controls and of course more power.

Normally I find such iterative systems dull, but I really think they're onto a winning formula here and they should not mess it up by trying to be different for the sake of being different.