By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So...This is Awkward (NBA 2K21 PC Version)

vivster said:
CGI-Quality said:
PC getting the shaft. Now why does this sound familiar?

Not sure if I would call not getting a 2K game which is full of micro transacrions and gambling qualifies as "getting the shaft".

But we're still getting a game riddled with micro transactions, just a worse one.

ArchangelMadzz said:
JEMC said:
EA wil do the same with Fifa 21: https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/fifa-21-faq-release-date

And, if my memory serves me right, they did the same with the fist iteration of the game when PS4/X1 launched. They seem to get so focused on the next consoles that forget about the rest, It wouldn't surprise me if the version of the game for current consoles runs worse than previous years.

I played Fifa 19 on PC and it is hands down one of the worst ports in creation. 

Hey, it can always get worse. Maybe this time they'll outdo themselves!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "unbeatable graphic fidelity" and all of their glitching hilarity that comes with every new gen sports game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Honestly, it is not that surprising. It is going to take an 16 Core/ 32 Thread Ryzen to keep up with the CPU and I/O needs of PS5/XBS games. Most people don't have a PCIe Gen 4 Mother Board, a 16 Core CPU, a 2.4GB/s or faster SSD, and an RTX2070 Super or better GPU (AMD doesn't even have a next gen capable card on the market right now).

There will be very few PCs in the wild that could even brute force their achieveing what PS5 and XBS will be doing, there are just too many special purpose optimizations in the consoles. It will take time for Devs to build work arounds, and/or PC Hardware Architecture changes, to bring these features to a more main stream PC audience, and not just the .05% with brand new 2020 Enthusiast Tier components.

The PC version will be built to the limitations of Intel CPUs, PCIe Gen 3, and HDDs.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^And then you wake up and realize that, thanks to the scalability of PCs, that won't be the case.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
KBG29 said:
Honestly, it is not that surprising. It is going to take an 16 Core/ 32 Thread Ryzen to keep up with the CPU and I/O needs of PS5/XBS games. Most people don't have a PCIe Gen 4 Mother Board, a 16 Core CPU, a 2.4GB/s or faster SSD, and an RTX2070 Super or better GPU (AMD doesn't even have a next gen capable card on the market right now).

There will be very few PCs in the wild that could even brute force their achieveing what PS5 and XBS will be doing, there are just too many special purpose optimizations in the consoles. It will take time for Devs to build work arounds, and/or PC Hardware Architecture changes, to bring these features to a more main stream PC audience, and not just the .05% with brand new 2020 Enthusiast Tier components.

The PC version will be built to the limitations of Intel CPUs, PCIe Gen 3, and HDDs.

Eh, nah. This has far less to do with capability than it does purpose (otherwise, other cross gen games would also be using current gen assets for PC). PCs are scalable and have been from Day 0. This is simply a mismanagement of resources.

Otherwise, the Xbox Series S will hold back the whole gen (this won't happen).

Per the rumors the Series S has a lot of tech that more than 99% of consumer PCs don't have right now. It has a Ryzen 8 Core/ 16Thread CPU and a Decicated I/O Block that is equivelent to 5 additional Ryzen Cores. It is also utilizing PCIe 4.0, and a much fatser SSD than the majority of people have in their PC.

I am not saying that the PC is not capable, it is just that it will require a lot of specialized work to brute force PC to the levels of even the Series S in CPU and I/O. Levels that are simply not possible on current PCs with Intel CPUs and Motherboards. It is too small of a market to build to at the moment. 

Series S will not hold back next gen if the rumors are true. It has the same CPU, I/O, and SSD as the Series X. The only difference is that the RAM, Memory Bandwidth, and GPU have been blanced for 1080/1440 as opposed to 4K. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
KBG29 said:

Per the rumors the Series S has a lot of tech that more than 99% of consumer PCs don't have right now. It has a Ryzen 8 Core/ 16Thread CPU and a Decicated I/O Block that is equivelent to 5 additional Ryzen Cores. It is also utilizing PCIe 4.0, and a much fatser SSD than the majority of people have in their PC.

I am not saying that the PC is not capable, it is just that it will require a lot of specialized work to brute force PC to the levels of even the Series S in CPU and I/O. Levels that are simply not possible on current PCs with Intel CPUs and Motherboards. It is too small of a market to build to at the moment. 

Series S will not hold back next gen if the rumors are true. It has the same CPU, I/O, and SSD as the Series X. The only difference is that the RAM, Memory Bandwidth, and GPU have been blanced for 1080/1440 as opposed to 4K. 

Anytime you read "this has 99% more tech than that", it's often up for debate or not true. 

We usually hear how consoles will have some special ways of working that PCs can't match at the start of a new gen. Happens every time and folks like you lap it up. Ex: "The cell is revolutionary and PC processors won't match it". Meanwhile, nothing of the sort happened.

Yes, the SSDs in the PS5 and Xbox Series X are fast  and will be used in ways that are game changing (even though the latter's trades speed blows with some of the ones already in people PCs today, with and without PCIe Gen 4 — including my rig), but if you think it's going to take some Jesus Juice to allow the PC to "keep up", you will be wrong. Whether it is at launch or four years down the road. And I know the Series S won't hold next gen back — that was aimed at your ideas here. If you agree about the Series S (which was simply an analogy), then you agree that the PC will have little issue running next gen games.

I was not trying to start any Console vs PC debate. I was simply offering a reason, based on the current landscape, as to why devs might not invest in bringing the Next Gen Optimized version to PC this year, and why it is not really an awkward situation. I know that you can buy a PC to outperform PS5/XBS, but right now the audience that has a PC that is even on par with the consoles is very tiny, and the users with something that can outperform them is an even smaller sliver.  

In the here and now, on a yearly sports title, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to build to hardware that very few people have, on a platform that in which your title already has a very low sales rate.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL