By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So...This is Awkward (NBA 2K21 PC Version)

So the "next gen" version of NBA 2K21 will not be coming to PC. Which is advertised as '2 second load speeds' and 'unbeatable graphic fidelity' with extra modes and things. 

(Of course this is just to try and justify charging $10 extra for this version) sports games aren't really known for their PC audience so I guess they just couldn't be bothered to 'upgrade?' the PC version. 

I don't think this will be the norm at all, but still it gives an odd feel to it.

I wonder how many devs will do the same cost benefit analysis for this especially as steam hardware surveys show that a small percentage of users have high end gaming GPU's comparable or exceeding PS5/XSX's GPU's. 

Just something to think about. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

2k Games is real shitty when it comes to monetization. I doubt most other publishers go down this road.

Part that bothers me most about this whole debacle is how they're trying to faux 'honor' Kobe with the special covers, yet they put his covers behind an extra pay wall. Couldn't just dedicate one game to him.

Shaunodon said:
Part that bothers me most about this whole debacle is how they're trying to faux 'honor' Kobe with the special covers, yet they put his covers behind an extra pay wall. Couldn't just dedicate one game to him.

They really should've just gone with Kobe for the main cover if they wanted to do it. It just looks like cashing in on the death of a legend to charge people extra. I'm surprised we aren't seeing much more hate for this.

New generation, same old nonsense. Not that I was going to buy it anyway.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
PC getting the shaft. Now why does this sound familiar?

They surely must have to gimp the PC version so they aren't sued for false advertising 'unbeatable graphic fidelity' claim for the PS5/XSX versions.

It's 2k though, they've always be screwing the pooch when it came to the PC side of things. This doesn't surprise me at all, but I know people on PC will still lap it up regardless of price. It'd be better if hardly anyone bought it, and 2k having to actually think with more than 2 brain cells for once.

Reviews for their previous games on Steam are at mixed reviews as well, so it's not like this is the first time they've screwed with PC sports fans.

Unless a big publisher is backed away entirely into a corner, they'll continue to shaft PC, while also still seeking to profit from it, just without much leg work. As expected from shady higher ups. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 03 July 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

EA wil do the same with Fifa 21: https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/fifa-21-faq-release-date

And, if my memory serves me right, they did the same with the fist iteration of the game when PS4/X1 launched. They seem to get so focused on the next consoles that forget about the rest, It wouldn't surprise me if the version of the game for current consoles runs worse than previous years.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
PC getting the shaft. Now why does this sound familiar?

Not sure if I would call not getting a 2K game which is full of micro transacrions and gambling qualifies as "getting the shaft".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
EA wil do the same with Fifa 21: https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/fifa-21-faq-release-date

And, if my memory serves me right, they did the same with the fist iteration of the game when PS4/X1 launched. They seem to get so focused on the next consoles that forget about the rest, It wouldn't surprise me if the version of the game for current consoles runs worse than previous years.

I played Fifa 19 on PC and it is hands down one of the worst ports in creation.