Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima: New Trailer, Gold Status and japanese TV Spots

6 years, holy moses.... but will tell It is my most antecipated game for the year, much higher than FFVIIR (wasn't that excited for it) and TLOU2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Replicant said:

Imo judging by the State of Play showcase it looked a bit too much like that Assassin's Creed Japan game we never got and I grew tired of that Ubisoft formular 8 years ago.

I could be wrong though. I may buy it cheap/borrow it from a friend to see how it plays.

It looks more like Red Dead Redemption Japan to me, which was a dream since the original.

I'm sensing very strong Nioh vibes from it, in the sense it was something I ever wished and when was finally done it was everything wanted.

I hope it ships fast like TLoU2 did for me xD

BraLoD said:
Replicant said:

Imo judging by the State of Play showcase it looked a bit too much like that Assassin's Creed Japan game we never got and I grew tired of that Ubisoft formular 8 years ago.

I could be wrong though. I may buy it cheap/borrow it from a friend to see how it plays.

It looks more like Red Dead Redemption Japan to me, which was a dream since the original.

I'm sensing very strong Nioh vibes from it, in the sense it was something I ever wished and when was finally done it was everything wanted.

I think nioh vibes will only set this game up for disappointment. It may have attached but otherwise the 2 games look nothing alike gameplay wise 

twintail said:
BraLoD said:

I think nioh vibes will only set this game up for disappointment. It may have attached but otherwise the 2 games look nothing alike gameplay wise 

I said that it was purely in the sense Nioh was a game I always wished someone made and Ghost of Tsushima is the same.

BraLoD said:
Replicant said:

wait, I thought this was a Tenchu game. 

Around the Network
Replicant said:

I've read that a lot too, many Assassins Creed fans have always wanted a game like Ghost of Tsushima :) Now the dream comes true :)

Looking forward to playing it - Day 1 in July.

Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

TV Spots from Japan:

Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

AWESOME!!! day 1!!

Cant wait of this atmosphere < 3 New Trailer:

The game is said to have cost around $ 80-100 million dollar(only in development, without marketing). It's great to see how much work and passion the developers have. According to an older interview, Ghost of Tsushima is a dream project and the studio's biggest game. 

Are you going to play it with (for example) Japanese or English synchro? thats interesting for me. i play it with japanese voices.