By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon II - Forbidden West to release 2021

This was never going to be a launch title, or even within the first 6 months.
Hardware sales silly need it that soon

Around the Network
twintail said:
This was never going to be a launch title, or even within the first 6 months.
Hardware sales silly need it that soon

cadence of releases is also a good thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Figures, the launch window is good enough as is with GT7, Ratchet and Spiderman MM.

Neither GT7 or Ratchet have a release date or window, iirc.

So then Feb 28, 2022? 5 years exactly? Sounds about right for PSV.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 17 June 2020

PC port when?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Figures, the launch window is good enough as is with GT7, Ratchet and Spiderman MM.

The only game confirmed to be in launch window is Spiderman. 

I actually think something like Little Big Planet's spin-off is more likely to be close to PS5's release date than GT7 and Ratchet (the "and" is important, since one of those could release before Sackboy, but I don't expect both of them to). 

They can take their sweet time. I still got a lot of PS4 games to catch up on.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
sales2099 said:

I actually think something like Little Big Planet's spin-off is more likely to be close to PS5's release date than GT7 and Ratchet (the "and" is important, since one of those could release before Sackboy, but I don't expect both of them to). 

Huh. So they saving the big guns for after the launch dust settles to keep demand going. That has implications but I’ll hold judgement until dates are concrete 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

vivster said:
PC port when?

Probably around 2026 or so after all the sales, DLC and the third one is announced. 3 and a half years for the first one since it came mid gen so i'd expect a longer wait for this one as it's going to drive console sales for a new gen.  It will get a PC port at full price when the game is eventually $9.99 for the rest of the PS userbase which is a win win for Sony. 

sales2099 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Huh. So they saving the big guns for after the launch dust settles to keep demand going. That has implications but I’ll hold judgement until dates are concrete 

Who said they are saving anything? If they aren't ready for launch, then they aren't ready.