By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon II - Forbidden West to release 2021

PC port when?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Figures, the launch window is good enough as is with GT7, Ratchet and Spiderman MM.

The only game confirmed to be in launch window is Spiderman. 

I actually think something like Little Big Planet's spin-off is more likely to be close to PS5's release date than GT7 and Ratchet (the "and" is important, since one of those could release before Sackboy, but I don't expect both of them to). 

They can take their sweet time. I still got a lot of PS4 games to catch up on.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
sales2099 said:
Figures, the launch window is good enough as is with GT7, Ratchet and Spiderman MM.

The only game confirmed to be in launch window is Spiderman. 

I actually think something like Little Big Planet's spin-off is more likely to be close to PS5's release date than GT7 and Ratchet (the "and" is important, since one of those could release before Sackboy, but I don't expect both of them to). 

Huh. So they saving the big guns for after the launch dust settles to keep demand going. That has implications but I’ll hold judgement until dates are concrete 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

vivster said:
PC port when?

Probably around 2026 or so after all the sales, DLC and the third one is announced. 3 and a half years for the first one since it came mid gen so i'd expect a longer wait for this one as it's going to drive console sales for a new gen.  It will get a PC port at full price when the game is eventually $9.99 for the rest of the PS userbase which is a win win for Sony. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
sales2099 said:

Huh. So they saving the big guns for after the launch dust settles to keep demand going. That has implications but I’ll hold judgement until dates are concrete 

Who said they are saving anything? If they aren't ready for launch, then they aren't ready. 

Ok. But leaving a Spiderman expansion to be the sole big 1st party exclusive at launch is a bit light don’t you think? I said I was going to reserve judgement until firm dates were set, but you pressed me. Just my perspective on the matter. 

Edit: Can’t help but feel ill be reported for this. I wasn’t asking for trouble with my first comment and am genuinely asking for the perspective of a different fandom then myself. If this is the case, please warn me and I won’t engage anymore. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 18 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

Who said they are saving anything? If they aren't ready for launch, then they aren't ready. 

Ok. But leaving a Spiderman expansion to be the sole big 1st party exclusive at launch is a bit light don’t you think? I said I was going to reserve judgement until firm dates were set, but you pressed me. Just my perspective on the matter. 

Edit: Can’t help but feel ill be reported for this. I wasn’t asking for trouble with my first comment and am genuinely asking for the perspective of a different fandom then myself. If this is the case, please warn me and I won’t engage anymore. 

Did the last Halo outsell Spiderman? And that's a serious question because I don't know. I see that you're being really level headed with everything as of late so I am just curious.

I know it might seem biased on my part but I believe Spiderman to be the bigger property than Halo right now when you consider the exposure of a billion dollar movie with the best selling PS exclusive of all time. Right now there has never been a better time to be a Spiderman fan and although the new game itself is just a short spin off, the property is hot right now and will drive sales beyond launch. 

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

I don`t think it will be the only big exclusive. But if it was it wouldn`t be that much different than PS4 or even Switch. We can count the first 6 months for the titles instead of only day 1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Blood_Tears said:
sales2099 said:

Did the last Halo outsell Spiderman? And that's a serious question because I don't know. I see that you're being really level headed with everything as of late so I am just curious.

I know it might seem biased on my part but I believe Spiderman to be the bigger property than Halo right now when you consider the exposure of a billion dollar movie with the best selling PS exclusive of all time. Right now there has never been a better time to be a Spiderman fan and although the new game itself is just a short spin off, the property is hot right now and will drive sales beyond launch. 

From all we know Spider-Man sold twice as much as Halo 5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Blood_Tears said:
sales2099 said:

Halo 5? Of course not. Infinite is only theories at this point but between XB1/PC/Series X/Game Pass/Xcloud it is almost guaranteed to be more popular then Halo 3 ever was. 

Not knocking Spiderman MM, I’m sure it’s going to be an amazing game and the IP speaks for itself. It does however fall within history that PS starts a gen light and builds up from there. I just know if Xbox hypothetically launched with a “Halo 3 ODST” type of game instead of Halo Infinite, people on social media would complain a lot. So it’s really lucky for Sony that the IP compensates for that and their fans are more then understanding.