By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gaming Monitors

Pemalite said:

There are also some downsides, 16:9 content may not scale appropriately.
Do note that higher resolutions will ask more of your hardware, 1440P is definitely the sweet spot right now.

The higher the refresh rate, the less ghosting you will have... This goes for any LCD technology.

It is certainly a little more prevalent with VA, but I doubt it's much of an issue with higher 120-144-180-200hz panels.

I personally stick with IPS, but VA does have some advantages in the blacks department, 

32" is a good size, been using one for a few years now.

LED or OLED in the mainstream needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Yer I will OLED was mainstream for monitors.  Is your 32inch curved? or flat?

I think I may just wait for the next gen models duel this year that have upgraded from VA panels to IPS panel. Hopefully there is a 32 to max 34 inch model.

Around the Network

So far, a lot of people are looking for the sweetest spot gaming monitor's spec is 1440p/144Hz/VA-IPS/1ms/variable vsync/27"/16:9 aspect ratio. Because not every game will have or includes unlocked frame rate and 21:9 ultrawide aspect ratio option.

I couldn't find this type of gaming monitor spec somewhere in my region until i found and picked Asus VG279Q, it's exactly the same spec except for the resolution it's a 1080p natively since there's meshy graphics look, however that's fine for me i turned on Nvidia DSR mode.

>2. If you are hardcore gamer of different genres, do you get different monitors lol?

Lol well that's a huge problem over here. But sure it's definitely yes, depends on the different game genres. Slow games like [tactical, turn-based, visual novel, life sim, 2D/3D platforming, stealth, horror, adventure and indies] are on my 4K TV while fast games something pure action such as DOOM Eternal, Quake Live and Gears 5 are 100% definitely on my Asus VG279Q.

plenty satisfied with a 4k 65" HDR TV with probably no more than 60Hz. Sitting at 6-10ft away from it is no problem =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Captain_Yuri said:

My current monitor is an Alienware aw3418dw 34 Inch 120Hz 3440 x 1440p G-sync 1900R curved 4ms

The reason I went for it is that I wanted an Ultrawide gaming monitor since the games that do support it looks fap worthy and movies look awesome. Since I was willing to spend the money, I also wanted one with a good warranty, 120hz or above and had G-sync. Alienware was the only one at the time doing 120hz where as everyone else had a max of 100hz for Ultrawide gaming monitor. Since Alienware got bought by Dell, this had an advanced exchange warranty for 3 years. When I got it, it was on sale + I got 20% off on top by doing Unidays and Ebates. Alienwares are normally overpriced but when you stack discounts by timing it right, the value does end up being really good.

Overall I love it. There are benefits to multi-monitor setups for sure but for me, I never really go into them outside of work. Instead, I have a desktop and a laptop which for me is much more useful. Gaming on the monitor is very fap worthy for those games that support it. Playing games that don't or playing consoles on it isn't as great since you have black borders around the sides but still pretty good.

I have the same monitor!  I was not 100% sure about the ultra wide at first but I ended up loving it.  And it is a very good solid monitor beyond just the utlra wide.

I got a ASUS ROG Strix 27” Curved Gaming Monitor Full HD 1080p 144Hz (XG27VQ) from Amazon on sale a year ago and it seems pretty decent.

Has some bad reviews on Amazon but seems to be the bigger screens like the 32 and 49 inch displays. No issues with mine that I am aware of after about a year of use.

Says it has AMD free sync but I suppose that means I need a AMD card? I have an Nvidia card so I guess that is pointless feature for me?

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Yer I will OLED was mainstream for monitors.  Is your 32inch curved? or flat?

I think I may just wait for the next gen models duel this year that have upgraded from VA panels to IPS panel. Hopefully there is a 32 to max 34 inch model.

Flat. Not a fan of curves.

To be honest, now that I have had the 32" for a few years, I could probably live with a 40".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

sethnintendo said:
I got a ASUS ROG Strix 27” Curved Gaming Monitor Full HD 1080p 144Hz (XG27VQ) from Amazon on sale a year ago and it seems pretty decent.

Has some bad reviews on Amazon but seems to be the bigger screens like the 32 and 49 inch displays. No issues with mine that I am aware of after about a year of use.

Says it has AMD free sync but I suppose that means I need a AMD card? I have an Nvidia card so I guess that is pointless feature for me?

nVidia's G-Sync has extended support for Freesync.
But not the other way around.

See here:
https://www.windowscentral.com/list-all-nvidia-g-sync-compatible-freesync-monitors

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The ASUS cg32vq is the best gaming monitor for consoles. Was specifically designed for the Xbox X and PS4 pro, it even has two ports and docks for charging your controllers. But is sold out and I can't seem to find anywhere. I'm waiting for 5 months hoping for an upgrade to this monitor for the new generation.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Might be worth waiting for HDMI 2.1 spec monitor if you're not in a rush. Support for higher resolution/refresh rates. Variable refresh rate, dynamic HDR etc.

hinch said:

Might be worth waiting for HDMI 2.1 spec monitor if you're not in a rush. Support for higher resolution/refresh rates. Variable refresh rate, dynamic HDR etc.

Well this raises a good point. Guessing PS5 and XBOX X will support 2.1 and in turn I would benefit from a monitor that supports it.

I am not in a rush for a monitor, had the same 24inch for almost 10 years lol.