By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] According to Xbox fan Microsoft will rebrand Xbox Series X to " SEGA Series X " in JAPAN, EDIT: Sega announcing " Arcade cloud " Cloud gaming for Arcade store

Tagged games:

What do you think " if " this is tru

Unexpected 15 38.46%

I always do love Sega more than Xbox 11 28.21%

I hate it , i want Xbox name keep as it is 4 10.26%

Some fans don't have loyalty at all 1 2.56%

I love Sega and Xbox equally 7 17.95%

Actually i love Xbox beca... 1 2.56%

Total:39
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

If that is the total count of MS IPs after 3 gens then you can't really be pissed when anyone mock their 1st party library.

You dodged the response ;) You clearly exaggerated. 

Considering Rare Replay a way to say they revived all the Rare IPs is disonest =p

I would imagine Xbox had much more IPs than 5 you listed. Sony probably start double that count each gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

You dodged the response ;) You clearly exaggerated. 

Considering Rare Replay a way to say they revived all the Rare IPs is disonest =p

I would imagine Xbox had much more IPs than 5 you listed. Sony probably start double that count each gen.

Fair enough, but felt to say enhanced titles was worth mentioning regardless. I was referring to old IPs that weren’t used in this generation. Still the point stands that they have so fewer staple IPs that there aren’t “several” they are neglecting 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Fair enough, but felt to say enhanced titles was worth mentioning regardless. I was referring to old IPs that weren’t used in this generation. Still the point stands that they have so fewer staple IPs that there aren’t “several” they are neglecting 

I don't follow MS as closely, but will tell you I really liked Viva Piñata and loved to sing with my wife on the X360 exclusive i think it was Lip Synch.

On a lighter note I would love if MS, Sony, Sega and other companies with good dormant IPs would just pay some 10M USD and oversee smaller studios return the games to life (MediEvil, Crash and Spyro were great examples this gen, Jak, Sly Cooper and some others were good remakes last gen as well... some of those cases even allowed for new entries).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

wow at the difference a name can make O_O

SEGA Series X sounds cool already, can we get a rebrand in Europe too? :P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Guys I already posted it and now posted above it has NOTHING TO DO WITH MS.

This could be related as SEGA patented some touch screen controls https://gamingroute.com/sega-has-patented-touchscreen-controls/

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

They're being bought out by Pepsico and creating a new in-game advertising business and developing new multi-functional vending machines for both snacks and video games.

4 ≈ One

Saturn Mini maybe?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dgc1808 said:
They're being bought out by Pepsico and creating a new in-game advertising business and developing new multi-functional vending machines for both snacks and video games.

Does this mean we get a new pepsi man game if so sega has a 10 million plus day one franchise.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Leynos said:

Saturn Mini maybe?

Saturn mini in no way, shape and form meets the prereqs for the announcment.

This does though:

“An information processing device includes: a controller that generates a game image of an object disposed in a virtual game space; and a touch panel that displays the game image. The touch panel detects an input of a user’s touch operation on the game image and outputs, to the controller, a detection signal indicating the detection of the input. The controller determines a contact surface area at an indicated position on the touch panel indicated by the user’s touch operation based on the detection signal. The controller determines, based on a size of the contact surface area, whether ae first operation or a second operation has been inputted. The controller performs a first control related to the object in response to the first operation, and a second control related to the object when the second operation has been inputted.”

Patent Abstract

“If I’d have to take a guess based on the “diagrams”, is it’s a purely touch-screen based controller, possibly with programmable interface and buttons, which would make sense, given that it’s a touch screen.

Now THAT could be industry-changing.”

“Having done some further reading on the patents…My interpretation of this is also that it can learn and store data based on a player’s style of play and use it for other similar types of game, which would seriously lower the learning curve for games. It would also seem to me like it can show stuff like player’s inventory in an RPG game, and possible quests. It looks like it’s highly adaptable and is designed to help players. If my interpretations of this are correct…Then this truly is “game-changing”, pardon the pun.

Xxain said:
Leynos said:

Saturn Mini maybe?

Saturn mini in no way, shape and form meets the prereqs for the announcment.

This does though:

“An information processing device includes: a controller that generates a game image of an object disposed in a virtual game space; and a touch panel that displays the game image. The touch panel detects an input of a user’s touch operation on the game image and outputs, to the controller, a detection signal indicating the detection of the input. The controller determines a contact surface area at an indicated position on the touch panel indicated by the user’s touch operation based on the detection signal. The controller determines, based on a size of the contact surface area, whether ae first operation or a second operation has been inputted. The controller performs a first control related to the object in response to the first operation, and a second control related to the object when the second operation has been inputted.”

Patent Abstract

“If I’d have to take a guess based on the “diagrams”, is it’s a purely touch-screen based controller, possibly with programmable interface and buttons, which would make sense, given that it’s a touch screen.

Now THAT could be industry-changing.”

“Having done some further reading on the patents…My interpretation of this is also that it can learn and store data based on a player’s style of play and use it for other similar types of game, which would seriously lower the learning curve for games. It would also seem to me like it can show stuff like player’s inventory in an RPG game, and possible quests. It looks like it’s highly adaptable and is designed to help players. If my interpretations of this are correct…Then this truly is “game-changing”, pardon the pun.

I still like to have my analog sticks, probably would have crumps and other issues with a purely touch screen control.