By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 16/8 bit games do you think do/don't hold up?

Cerebralbore101 said:
JWeinCom said:
Don't really like the original Metroid or Zelda. Metroid just feels off and Zelda is a bit too aimless.

I think all the Gameboy Pokemon games hold up very well. Street Fighter 2 is still awesome. Pretty much all of the Mario games aside from Lost Levels. Mega Man 2. Sonic 2/3.

Original Metroid did get a remake in the form of Zero Mission on GBA. I couldn't get into OG Metroid, but really liked Zero Mission. 

Zero Mission is great.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Damn it, I've been looking at old Gunstar Heroes videos on youtube. I'm going to shell out the money for Gunstar Heroes on Genesis and give it one more try. 

Check out the Genesis Collection on consoles. Over 50 Genesis games for like 30 bucks.

I'm about ten hours into Gunstar Heroes. At first I wasn't all that impressed. Then I switched the controls to 8 direction firing mode, and am having a blast. Now I just want to find somebody to play 2 player mode with me on hard difficulty. I noticed that enemies get more attacks, and several behavior changes the more you up the difficulty. 

I'm definitely going to have to give Turtles in Time another go as well.