What was your highest score?

Action 4 20.00%

Social 3 15.00%

Mastery 2 10.00%

Achievement 4 20.00%

Creativity 3 15.00%

Immersion 4 20.00%

Total:20

Well, mine got all weird shapes: https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/profiles/gamerprofile/FKWPCFppoHNXx8KuT4Vsei/

And as for my secondary stats:

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 09 May 2020

Around the Network

Calm, Relaxed, Independent, Grounded and Pratical. 

Huh, it's actually a nice summary of what I usually am while playing. Good point for this survey I guess. The graph is a mix though ...

Weirdly enough, I couldn't answer some questions truthfully since some of them don't fit the context of what I usually play. Like, I do like my Action element in games, but I don't want it to overpower the total experience.

Mastery is on point though, not too high and not too low xP

I prefer cooperation in my games btw but it doesn't mean I won't beat yo ass at MK or Mario Tennis Aces if needs be !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I thought this quiz was fun, accurate, and marginally useful as a small minority of the games they recommended me I don't yet own. I also enjoyed the contrived wording of many of the questions. Here were my results:

I can't figure out how to include the other graphic with the secondary characteristics, so here were those, with a line dividing categories over/below 50 percent:

Discovery: 92%
Fantasy: 86%
Story: 81%
---------------------
Community: 38%
Design: 28%
Completion: 23%
Strategy: 22%
Excitement: 21%
Competition: 19%
Challenge: 13%
Destruction: 13%
Power: 0%

That seems pretty accurate. I answered most of the questions as only marginally important because, honestly, I consider myself open-minded about the genre and design of games, so not many specific details really matter much to me. How a game makes me feel is what I consider the most important. That's what gives it the most meaning to me, and that's usually decided by like the art factors: story, themes, characters, writing, voice acting, visual style, music and atmosphere, humor, hiccups (which can be funny sometimes!), that sorta thing. I prefer to play as another character with their own arc, not just a direct stand-in for me that I have to design, but I'm okay with it either way.

The game recommendations they gave me seemed pretty accurate in all three categories (niche, popular, and balanced), as I own and enjoy a large majority of them already.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 09 May 2020

If this got something right, is that I'm not a competitive type. I rather come up with strategies on how to beat x than engaging on PvP.

It was a neat questionnaire, but I think it would've been much interesting with more questions to provide with a more accurate graph.

Pretty hard to answer some questions as the answers can be complete opposite for different games. I like racing other people online, but generally prefer single player over anything, played Death stranding off line for the best experience even though it takes 3 times as long. Still the survey puts me at 45% social...

Achievement 59%
Creativity 50%
Mastery 47%
Social 45%
Action 25%
Immersion 24%

While Immersion is about the nr 1 for me, playing almost only VR games for over a year before going back to a more balanced diet.

Secondary

Discovery 92% (got that right, exploration nr 1)
Strategy 79% (I would call it more going for efficiency in my case)
Fantasy 76% (depends on the game, realism is just as important in other games)
Excitement 64% (depends on the game, mostly triggered by enjoying rhythm games like Beat Saber I think, didn't like the action parts in Death stranding for example)
Power 56%
Completion 54%
Competition 49% (only for racing)
Community 42% (not sure why I got that, but I do spend considerable time on gaming websites, fair is fair)
Challenge 20% (I don't care about difficulty levels at all, efficiency is usually my goal)
Design 11% (depends on the game, but generally don't care about customization)
Destruction 8% (still too high, I like building things, not blowing them up)
Story 3% (out of patience nowadays to read dialogue or sit through cut scenes, tell your story through world building and game play or gtfo)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

7 out of 48 game recommendations for me were acceptable. None of the recommendations were platformers despite Super Mario Odyssey being one of the three games I told them about. It seems the entire database they have shoots miles past classic games.

At least the image feels about right.

The conclusion I took was it was just another data mine thinly disguised as a legit survey .

https://quantic.page.link/qqTM9t4c1tfyynLn7

This is my MasterClass.  ;)

Last edited by Mospeada21CA - on 11 May 2020