By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Streets Of Rage 4

Created this thread to post my impressions of Streets of Rage 4....

And I gotta say, I'm impressed! Ever since I heard the reviews saying how it was still somewhat old school but with modernization, I was skeptical of this game.I love beat em ups, but honestly the few that releases nowadays dont push the formula foward.They like to stay in the past too much.Which ends up them being mediocre games.

But this game.... I still believe this is not the game that the genre needed to push foward and feel fresh(that title would go to Dragon's Crown.God that game is so good, and honestly think that's the future of beat em ups) but the game is so polished, combat is so tight, enemy variety is so good, the music is so catchy.I'm still at Stage 4, but damn it if im not enjoying this alot.

Hopefully Vanillaware makes a sequel to Dragons Crown, but I'm happy with Streets of Rage 4!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

You guys know Streets of Rage series was my number series that needed to be resurrected for over 2 decades. My first forum was SEGA forum, just so I could bitch about Streets of Rage. Now its here and I cant find it in me to be excited.

This was produced and published by indie developer right? Thought I saw that on steam page with no mention of Sega. Did Sega sell or lend the IP to this developer?

Apparently it's a Chinese publisher because on steam says (Greater China) next to company.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 01 May 2020

sethnintendo said:
This was produced and published by indie developer right? Thought I saw that on steam page with no mention of Sega. Did Sega sell or lend the IP to this developer?

Apparently it's a Chinese developer because on steam says (Greater China) next to company.

Same story as Bayonetta

Xxain said:
You guys know Streets of Rage series was my number series that needed to be resurrected for over 2 decades. My first forum was SEGA forum, just so I could bitch about Streets of Rage. Now its here and I cant find it in me to be excited.

Try it.It's really good.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Xxain said:
sethnintendo said:

Apparently it's a Chinese developer because on steam says (Greater China) next to company.

Same story as Bayonetta

Ah okay got it.  Based on early steam reviews classic fans of series say it is a good enough sequel and holds true to the series while adding a little bit of new.  I might actually get it with initial 20 percent off on steam release.  I love beat them ups like Golden Axe 2 and Streets of Rage 2.

I bought it today, played through it with my youngest on easy, amazing!! Now on my own on normal, I'm rusty!

It's the best of nostalgia modernized for today, great for young and old. It supports up to 4 players couch co-op or vs mode. The only problem, my kids fighting over the stars for the special move haha. You can turn 'friendly' hits off, that saves fights spilling over onto the couch :)

I really love the art style, looks great, music is great, loads fast, everything feels very polished. Highly recommended.

I follow one of the artists (since he gave us a preview of the early trailer at the time), and I'm pretty amped for some new SoR. Can't afford it at the moment, but I'll nab it whenever I get the chance.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

sethnintendo said:

No it's not Chinese. It's Lizardcube the same devs as the Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap remake. They are French

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
sethnintendo said:

No it's not Chinese. It's Lizardcube the same devs as the Wonder Boy The Dragons Trap remake. They are French

My bad I meant publisher.  Doesn't help when steam store page lists like 3 companies for developer and 2 companies for publisher.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/985890/Streets_of_Rage_4/