By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II Releases June 19 Ghost of Tsushima July 17

John2290 said:
I'm less worried about the spoilers, I read things bery slowly now and try to gauge the mext sentence or if it's worth reading at all when it's in regards to the game but what I am worried about is that the people hardcore enough to look at these leaks and the people who got stung on message boards dedicated to the game, they don't like it. In fact I'm seeing a lot of hate on the story beats and very little positivity at all. I doubted Druckman from the start but I didn't expect him to drop the ball on a level of almost unanimous hate. I'll wait til a few days after release for this one and see how it settles.

Didn`t see te spoiler and will avoid it. But perhaps will cancel the pre-order to see the reviews. First time I`m to doubt ND since the first UC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
John2290 said:
I'm less worried about the spoilers, I read things bery slowly now and try to gauge the mext sentence or if it's worth reading at all when it's in regards to the game but what I am worried about is that the people hardcore enough to look at these leaks and the people who got stung on message boards dedicated to the game, they don't like it. In fact I'm seeing a lot of hate on the story beats and very little positivity at all. I doubted Druckman from the start but I didn't expect him to drop the ball on a level of almost unanimous hate. I'll wait til a few days after release for this one and see how it settles.

Didn`t see te spoiler and will avoid it. But perhaps will cancel the pre-order to see the reviews. First time I`m to doubt ND since the first UC.

Curious about the doubt of the first Uncharted. It was my impression they were always the crown jewel of PlayStation. They never made a bad game thus far. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Curious about the doubt of the first Uncharted. It was my impression they were always the crown jewel of PlayStation. They never made a bad game thus far. 

Because I didn't know ND before Uncharted and it was the first game I bought on PS3 and ever since them I bought all ND games without even looking. This is the first time I may hold on that, not because of SJW because that is present since UC3 to TLOU but from people saying it have impacted the game development itself.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

twintail said:
John2290 said:

I've been trying to avoid spoilers myself but I literally had someone text me hating on the game because it didn't fit into his worldview of sexuality. tbh, ppl have been hating on this angle heavily since the Ellie trailer, so I m not surprised.

If that is what ppl are hating about, then  honestly think the the hate is heavily seeped in a hate-minded subjective view. 

Of course there could be more to this that I have not read/ heard due to spoiler avoidance.

DonFerrari said:

Because I didn't know ND before Uncharted and it was the first game I bought on PS3 and ever since them I bought all ND games without even looking. This is the first time I may hold on that, not because of SJW because that is present since UC3 to TLOU but from people saying it have impacted the game development itself.

How would they know it impacted game development?

Someone on one of these threads recommended The Quartering's video, and it has some slight spoilers so you should avoid it, but he does show several examples of people saying things like: "I'm part of the LGBT community, and I think it's stupid people would hate this game because it contains 'X' type people, when they should hate it because the narrative is garbage." Paraphrasing, but that's the general sentiment.

twintail said:
John2290 said:

I've been trying to avoid spoilers myself but I literally had someone text me hating on the game because it didn't fit into his worldview of sexuality. tbh, ppl have been hating on this angle heavily since the Ellie trailer, so I m not surprised.

If that is what ppl are hating about, then  honestly think the the hate is heavily seeped in a hate-minded subjective view. 

Of course there could be more to this that I have not read/ heard due to spoiler avoidance.

DonFerrari said:

How would they know it impacted game development?

When a forced view/narrative is on the game then it impact development.

Around the Network

So far, I've avoided the spoilers leaked, but by reading the comments here, I can definitely see Why people are skeptical about TLOU now.

It's just crazy that a certain political agenda is being enforced unanimously all around us. I don't know a single entertainment company that hasn't being coopted by this world view.

CGI-Quality said:
zumnupy10 said:
So far, I've avoided the spoilers leaked, but by reading the comments here, I can definitely see Why people are skeptical about TLOU now.

It's just crazy that a certain political agenda is being enforced unanimously all around us. I don't know a single entertainment company that hasn't being coopted by this world view.

Which is?

A postmodern, relativist and militant worldview that is being imposed to people who only want to consume entertainment without any brainwashing attempt.

CGI-Quality said:
zumnupy10 said:

A postmodern, relativist and militant worldview that is being imposed to people who only want to consume entertainment without any brainwashing attempt.

Or, it is a team that simply wants to tell the story they want to tell and people are seeing what they want to see.

Considering ND historic and that even the games where people point they had a lot of agenda pushing were still superb and the story was good and engaging (sure some of the social media appearance of part of the team and even that seminar was very bad). So I am waiting to see if the game development was really impacted or is just a story that some people don`t like.

For me Ghost of Tsushima

twintail said:
DonFerrari said:

When a forced view/narrative is on the game then it impact development.

You need to quantify this with an example or something. But i truly do not see how.

You haven't ever seem something as ghostbuster with shoehorned agenda make the product worse?