By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 smart delivery system for Xbox & Playstation will have to wait unfortunately

Tagged games:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/next-gen-cyberpunk-2077-will-come-later/

"Next - Gen Version or Cyberpunk 2077 will take time says CD Project

CD Projekt Red clarified that the next-generation version of Cyberpunk 2077 will not roll out alongside the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 when the consoles are released later this year.

In an earnings call, as translated by Video Games Chronicle, CD Projekt SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski said that with the cross-generation capabilities of the Xbox Series X, players who buy Cyberpunk 2077 will be able to run the game on the upcoming console right away.

“However, when it comes to a proper, full-blown next-gen version, that’s going to come later, we haven’t announced when and I don’t have a new comment here on that,” said Nowakowski.

In a statement to Video Games Chronicle, CD Projekt Red clarified that the “proper, full-blown next-gen version” that Nowakowski referred to was the previously announced Xbox Series X upgrade, and not a re-release for Microsoft’s new console."

“There’s no official announcement coming from PlayStation so we really can’t confirm or deny anything,” said Nowakowski. “It’s PlayStation that first needs to address these issues and then we’re happy to make a comment, but we can’t jump the gun ahead of them.”

Conclusion :

Smart delivery system for Cyberpunk games need to wait for both next gen consoles machine. It will not come at the same time with the current gen version

Possibly PS5 version in the works and Sony might doing the same thing with free upgrade but they don't want to jump ahead Sony on announcing it.

Around the Network

Nice. Finally high quality texture packs will become a thing on consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I did plan on waiting until Series X to play it through the first time...

Well, I suppose I was probably going to play it through more than once anyway and make different decisions just like I did with the Witcher 3.

This confirms I'll wait.

I thought it'd just be running on a higher FPS/Resolution. If its a more intensive next gen port, I'll wait to play the prime version of the game.