By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Trouble with Dualshock 4

Hey

Lately ive been having problems with my left thumbstick, it has sort of lost its sensitivity but only when tilting it forward. Any other direction is fine. But when tilting it forward, in most games, will cause the character to run. For me however the character only walks, as if the stick was being pushed only 10-20%. 

I tried disassembling it. tried blowing pressurized air into it. But no success.

Is there some way to fix this?

Around the Network

Similar happened with a lot of my Xbox controllers. Just had to bite the bullet and buy a new one.

mZuzek said:

nice signature

Okay. Now, I know how this looks but that wasn't about you. It's my cousin, Dave. Dave mZuzek. He loves AA batteries. 😇

I've never had this problem with a DS4. But, problems of this sort that I've encountered with other controllers over the years have been solved only by throwing them in the trash and buying a new one.

Time for a new one.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Hey thanks for replies. Thought maybe there was something I could do at home, but I guess not. Funny though that my DS3 works like new almost even though its 10 years old, whereas this DS4 is only 4 years.

Hey thanks for replies. Thought maybe there was something I could do at home, but I guess not. Funny though that my DS3 works like new almost even though its 10 years old, whereas this DS4 is only 4 years.

^ That's gotta be some kind of record for time duration between duplicate posts.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."