By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

Vodacixi said:
JWeinCom said:

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english-thesaurus/stretch

They are not mutually exclusive.  They are in fact synonyms as you can see in this thesaurus.  I could have used the word expand.  Expand might have been a better word choice.  Regardless, I used stretch, to make longer, which is also an entirely appropriate word to use.

Unless they didn't actually make the segment longer (it sure felt a lot longer) then my word choice was fine.  If there was any confusion about how I was using the word, I already rectified that by posting the definition that I was using.

Don't sweat it, your word was perfectly fine. They are just being nitpicky and middly aggressive because you said something "bad" about a game they love.

Guess I didn't complement it hard enough. 

Around the Network

Semantics are the poor man's weapon who ran out of arguments.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Semantics are the poor man's weapon who ran out of arguments.

The funny thing is the guy was so blind that he wasn't able to see that the game wasn't being criticized, but praised xD

StokedUp said:
When will we get the sales for this????????

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-3-5-million-in-three-days

So 3.5 million in 3 days worldwide. 1 million in Japan (shipped + digital).

Signature goes here!

Apparently

Spoiler!
They decided not to have Red XIII threaten to rape Aeris.

I was wondering how they'd deal with that.  Good choice not to go there.  Especially as it didn't make much sense in the original game anyway.  What did he expect was going to be produced?

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Apparently

Spoiler!

I was wondering how they'd deal with that.  Good choice not to go there.  Especially as it didn't make much sense in the original game anyway.  What did he expect was going to be produced?

By "he" you mean Hojo? Because Red XIII was only pretending to go along with it.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
JWeinCom said:

Apparently

Spoiler!

By "he" you mean Hojo? Because Red XIII was only pretending to go along with it.

I know but he still threatened to do it, even it he wasn't actually going to.

Hell House is another thumbs down. Feels very much like a gimmicky Kingdom Hearts Boss fight, but unlike Kingdom Hearts, spells are not tied to character. This means If you go in without the needed Materia, that fight will go on forever! It then continues the trend of making some of the party worthless by being out of distance or having shields up that reduce their damage to practically nothing. In the future I hope to see bosses designed in a way that multiple strategies can stagger them; Heresexample: Hell House has a charge skill, that if it misses, he charges into a wall and is stunned, how any attacks during this time greatly increases stagger gauge? I just feelin bosses in this ; feels like spectacle >>> game.

Xxain said:
Hell House is another thumbs down. Feels very much like a gimmicky Kingdom Hearts Boss fight, but unlike Kingdom Hearts, spells are not tied to character. This means If you go in without the needed Materia, that fight will go on forever! It then continues the trend of making some of the party worthless by being out of distance or having shields up that reduce their damage to practically nothing. In the future I hope to see bosses designed in a way that multiple strategies can stagger them; Heresexample: Hell House has a charge skill, that if it misses, he charges into a wall and is stunned, how any attacks during this time greatly increases stagger gauge? I just feelin bosses in this ; feels like spectacle >>> game.

You're so frustrated by the Hell House (and your inability to handle this battle) that you have to copy-paste the same thing in multiple threads?

Hynad said:
Xxain said:

You're so frustrated by the Hell House (and your inability to handle this battle) that you have to copy-paste the same thing in multiple threads?

and you are even more frustrated that you would respond to both :).

Btw duscussion on FF7 is kinda split between both threads so I post in both anyways.