By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony Working To Revive Kojima’s Silent Hills + Reboot Series

Well that is something that can get good result.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Forget Kojima. Would just drive up the budget and slap in meaningless pretentiousness. Team Silent put actual meaning into those games. Keep the budget modest but still churn out something great.

He's linked to the rumour of a Telltales esque VR Silent Hill game. Budget ain't gonna be that high for that.

vivster said:
Why? Shows just how ready Sony is to jump into bed with the devil just for a couple of brand recognition points. Make a new IP or let it die.

Devil because?

VAMatt said:
I am amazed that this Kojima dude is still able to work. His games are mostly mediocre sellers, and he spends tons of money and takes tons of time to get them there. He has been involved in a few big hits, so I guess that's enough to secure a place in the industry forever.

Define mediocre sales. 

DonFerrari said:
Well that is something that can get good result.

If true I'd love them to port the entire series to PS4, even the spinoffs.

twintail said:
vivster said:
Why? Shows just how ready Sony is to jump into bed with the devil just for a couple of brand recognition points. Make a new IP or let it die.

Devil because?

You might wanna research the hashtag #fuckonami. And if being the worst gaming company in the world is not enough, just remember that they make most of their money with straight up gambling. It's like the devil creating his own gaming company.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well, if this ends up being true, I do fear it might become a mess. Sony is going to have to be the best intermediate possible to keep this two from throwing bile at each other.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
vivster said:
twintail said:

Devil because?

You might wanna research the hashtag #fuckonami. And if being the worst gaming company in the world is not enough, just remember that they make most of their money with straight up gambling. It's like the devil creating his own gaming company.

Did you share this concern when super bombernan r first released?

Companies can change and maybe they want to patch things with Kojima and work on more console games  

Darwinianevolution said:
Well, if this ends up being true, I do fear it might become a mess. Sony is going to have to be the best intermediate possible to keep this two from throwing bile at each other.

How so? Both Konami and Kojima wouldnt agree if they were still holding grudges.

vivster said:
twintail said:

Devil because?

You sound like total fool. These are business men, Developers. It is not surprising that these companies are willing to bury the hatchet if it means creating a product that benefits everybody. Kojima reeeaaally wants to continue Silent Hills. Konami reeeaaally needs a new big hit and a new Metal Gear. Then we have SONY who gets have both as exclusive. Everything falling into place. In regards to gambling .... SO!?  Konami has ALWAYS been in the gambling industry; doing it for decades. I sure it wasnt a problem back then huh? Konami also runs several health/fitness operations throughout Japan. Ooooooooooh those devils. 

Darwinianevolution said:

Your fear is unwarranted. A complete fabrication of your imagination. Yes I rhymed on purpose, but this is problem - Internet dwellers who continue to live a fabrication where they WANT to continue to believe that these companies have a fiery beef. Nope. I can wait for deal to be sealed. There will be bile throwing but it 100% be from Internet dwellers. 

Move on because they have.

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:

How so? Both Konami and Kojima wouldnt agree if they were still holding grudges.

Maybe they agree now, but I', sure the resentment between each other has to run pretty deep, considering what happened. Problems may happen while the project is still going.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I fear Kojima will want celebrity faces on his Silent Hills game. Could hurt immersion, those games are best with complete unknowns / made-up persons. Kojima strikes me as someone who wants to buddy up with Hollywood celebrities. He dared to replace David Hayter with that 24 hours show guy (don't know his name).

VAMatt said:
I am amazed that this Kojima dude is still able to work. His games are mostly mediocre sellers, and he spends tons of money and takes tons of time to get them there. He has been involved in a few big hits, so I guess that's enough to secure a place in the industry forever.

Did Death Stranding sell poorly?