By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony Working To Revive Kojima’s Silent Hills + Reboot Series

vivster said:
twintail said:

Devil because?

You might wanna research the hashtag #fuckonami. And if being the worst gaming company in the world is not enough, just remember that they make most of their money with straight up gambling. It's like the devil creating his own gaming company.

You sound like total fool. These are business men, Developers. It is not surprising that these companies are willing to bury the hatchet if it means creating a product that benefits everybody. Kojima reeeaaally wants to continue Silent Hills. Konami reeeaaally needs a new big hit and a new Metal Gear. Then we have SONY who gets have both as exclusive. Everything falling into place. In regards to gambling .... SO!?  Konami has ALWAYS been in the gambling industry; doing it for decades. I sure it wasnt a problem back then huh? Konami also runs several health/fitness operations throughout Japan. Ooooooooooh those devils. 

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Well, if this ends up being true, I do fear it might become a mess. Sony is going to have to be the best intermediate possible to keep this two from throwing bile at each other.

Your fear is unwarranted. A complete fabrication of your imagination. Yes I rhymed on purpose, but this is problem - Internet dwellers who continue to live a fabrication where they WANT to continue to believe that these companies have a fiery beef. Nope. I can wait for deal to be sealed. There will be bile throwing but it 100% be from Internet dwellers. 

Move on because they have.

twintail said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Well, if this ends up being true, I do fear it might become a mess. Sony is going to have to be the best intermediate possible to keep this two from throwing bile at each other.

How so? Both Konami and Kojima wouldnt agree if they were still holding grudges.

Maybe they agree now, but I', sure the resentment between each other has to run pretty deep, considering what happened. Problems may happen while the project is still going.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I fear Kojima will want celebrity faces on his Silent Hills game. Could hurt immersion, those games are best with complete unknowns / made-up persons. Kojima strikes me as someone who wants to buddy up with Hollywood celebrities. He dared to replace David Hayter with that 24 hours show guy (don't know his name).

VAMatt said:
I am amazed that this Kojima dude is still able to work. His games are mostly mediocre sellers, and he spends tons of money and takes tons of time to get them there. He has been involved in a few big hits, so I guess that's enough to secure a place in the industry forever.

Did Death Stranding sell poorly?

VAMatt said:
I am amazed that this Kojima dude is still able to work. His games are mostly mediocre sellers, and he spends tons of money and takes tons of time to get them there. He has been involved in a few big hits, so I guess that's enough to secure a place in the industry forever.

But the Metal Gear games have all sold well, and they all came out in a decent time frame aside from MGS5 due to them making the Fox engine and the game simultaneous.

Metal Gear 1 to 2 was 3 years

MGS 1 to 2 was 3 years

MGS 2 to 3 was 3 years

MGS 3 to 4 was 4 years

MGS 4 to Peace Walker was 2 years

Peace Walker to MGS 5 was 5 years

While he was also the producer for the other Metal Gear spin offs, the Boktai games, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow at the same time he was directing the other games. And than we have Death Stranding which only took 3 years of development despite having to build a new studio, hire people and learn and help improve the Decima engine with a staff of 100 people which isn't exactly huge for an open world game.

Last edited by Decker - on 15 March 2020