By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony Working To Revive Kojima’s Silent Hills + Reboot Series

From PushSquare:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/rumour_silent_hills_to_return_on_ps5_alongside_separate_series_reboot

Looks like Sony is working to rebuild the relationship between Kojima and Konami to bring Silent Hills back.

Japan Studio is also rumored to be working on a soft reboot as well.

There were also recent rumors of Norman Reedus in negotiations for another Kojima game.

Sources apparently have a good track record.

Would be fucking sweet if true! Hopefully Konami will also put P.T. back on the PlayStation store for those who didn’t get a chance to play it.

Around the Network

They should just forget kojima, just pay someone to finish the game, make it an exclusive, and boom, you have another weapon against the competition. If it would be as good as the first 2 silent hills, or even resident evil 7, that would be a huge reason for me to get a ps5 instead of a PC.

I know it's almost impossible but it would be cool if Sony got the IP. I know it would suck for some since they would mostly make the games exclusives, but at least they would do something with Silent Hill unlike Konami which haven't cared about it for years.

I knew it! We recently had a thread about rumors about Kojima wanting to work Konami + high level execs leaving Kojima Productions after Death Stranding. The fallout was because Kojima wanted to patch things up enough from Konami to work on Silent Hill AND eventually Metal Gear and those guys wernt having it. Not surprised at all. Not even a tiny bit.

Forget Kojima. Would just drive up the budget and slap in meaningless pretentiousness. Team Silent put actual meaning into those games. Keep the budget modest but still churn out something great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Why? Shows just how ready Sony is to jump into bed with the devil just for a couple of brand recognition points. Make a new IP or let it die.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I am amazed that this Kojima dude is still able to work. His games are mostly mediocre sellers, and he spends tons of money and takes tons of time to get them there. He has been involved in a few big hits, so I guess that's enough to secure a place in the industry forever.

Well that is something that can get good result.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
vivster said:
Why? Shows just how ready Sony is to jump into bed with the devil just for a couple of brand recognition points. Make a new IP or let it die.

Devil because?

You might wanna research the hashtag #fuckonami. And if being the worst gaming company in the world is not enough, just remember that they make most of their money with straight up gambling. It's like the devil creating his own gaming company.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well, if this ends up being true, I do fear it might become a mess. Sony is going to have to be the best intermediate possible to keep this two from throwing bile at each other.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.