By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W8, 2020 (Feb 17 - Feb 23)

SKMBlake said:
I didn't expect the Switch version sell 60% lower than the PS4 version

It makes sense no ? Persona 5/Royal is only on PS4 right now so the fanbase is bigger I guess.

Around the Network

Anyone know anything about the supply issues?

Keiji said:
SKMBlake said:
I didn't expect the Switch version sell 60% lower than the PS4 version

It makes sense no ? Persona 5/Royal is only on PS4 right now so the fanbase is bigger I guess.

Plus Scramble has the obvious issue of being both a gameplay spinoff and a direct story sequel.  So those interested in Persona as a good RPG series are turned off by the former and those who have never played Persona 5 are turned off by the latter.  On Switch these issues are going to be more severe than on PS4 due to Persona's absence from the system.

Little to no audience for Persona on Switch. Even if P5 came to switch it wouldn't sell that much this late into the gen.

Blood_Tears said:
Little to no audience for Persona on Switch. Even if P5 came to switch it wouldn't sell that much this late into the gen.

I would argue the sales of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, and Dragon Quest XI shows that there's plenty of potential audience for Persona as a series.  Persona 5 specifically though, yeah, it would run into an issue of being really late.  Dragon Quest XI despite doing quite well still clearly was hurt by being over 2 years late.  

But judging demand for the main Persona games based on a Warriors style gameplay spinoff game that is also a direct story sequel to a game that is not available on Switch...well I think it's pretty self evidently silly when you lay it all out.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Blood_Tears said:

I would argue the sales of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, and Dragon Quest XI shows that there's plenty of potential audience for Persona as a series.  Persona 5 specifically though, yeah, it would run into an issue of being really late.  Dragon Quest XI despite doing quite well still clearly was hurt by being over 2 years late.  

But judging demand for the main Persona games based on a Warriors style gameplay spinoff game that is also a direct story sequel to a game that is not available on Switch...well I think it's pretty self evidently silly when you lay it all out.

He is well aware.

Pretty poor sales for the Switch versions of Persona 5 Scramble and Katana Kami. With the massive install base difference and an active userbase, I would expect better.

Just more confirmation that the Persona fanbase are strong with Playstation. Probably will continue being PS exclusive.

They should port P5 on the Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:
Pretty poor sales for the Switch versions of Persona 5 Scramble and Katana Kami. With the massive install base difference and an active userbase, I would expect better.

Yeah it did worst than PQ on 3DS. 

Pocky Lover Boy!