By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its a Bird!, No! Its a Super fast super cool hedgehog setting records for Biggest opening for any video game adaption in history!

Dulfite said:
Cool. Now make a Sonic Adventures 3. I want my Choa the same year as my Animal Crossings.

There is no Sonic game planned for 2020, but we do know they are working on a game for Sonic's 30th anniversary in 2021. Some rumors that it is either a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 or Adventure 3. 

Around the Network

I bet the studio is thanking its lucky stars that they listened to early feedback from the trailer. Give people what they want and they'll pay money for it!

Twitter: @d21lewis

I still need to watch it, but it's good to see it doing that well.

A sequel is very possible at this rate.

And here I thought this movie would fail. Surprising what a difference re-designing Sonic makes. :)

I wanted to see it only to find out it's releasing on February 28th in Poland 😒

Around the Network

Not bad. Unless it's really front-loaded, it ought to gross at least $140-150M domestically. It still hasn't released in all markets yet (Japan and China aren't until later), and it ought to clear $300M WW assuming the domestic market is at least somewhat less than half the total global market. That's against a budget of $85M, so it ought to easily pass the threshold of profitability.

I plan on going to go see in on Tuesday after work.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 16 February 2020

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

It's amazing what happens when you listen to the fanbase.

man memes can take you a long way these days

Will make enough a buck to finally escape the city and produce a 2nd movie.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:
Cool. Now make a Sonic Adventures 3. I want my Choa the same year as my Animal Crossings.

There is no Sonic game planned for 2020, but we do know they are working on a game for Sonic's 30th anniversary in 2021. Some rumors that it is either a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 or Adventure 3. 

Screw Sonic Adventure, give me more Sonic Mania.

Bring back some Master System levels too this time so I can cry even more while playing, please!