By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recommend a lesser known awesome YouTube gaming channel

I saw someone recommend that Girlfriend Reviews channel on this website recently and tried watching it. Absolutely cracks me up every time. Her little 2 min. Audio only clip reaction to the animal crossing direct was so funny too. My wife watched the Starfew Valley one with me (one of the few games she ever plays) and we were both laughing haha.

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:

Larry Bundy Jr. aka Guru Larry is a man who's lived through nearly every console generation and has a wealth of old and interesting facts to share in his 'Fact Hunt' series. The titles all sound like pure clickbait, but he has an engaging voice and a charisma that shines as he talks about odd and largely forgotten topics.
https://www.youtube.com/user/LarryBundyJr

Guru Larry is awesome!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Kinda Funny Games and Spawnwave are my daily channels....

Shout out to Top Hat Gaming Man for some cool retro reviews....

tripenfall said:

Top Hat makes some hilarious videos, for sure. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

bigpapichulo i came across a vid of his watching BLOPS, i think he quit even before i watched him but his attitude made me check a few more vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWBeuVOcYhQ

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:

I've really been hooked on his stuff lately. I lived through most of the stuff he talks about first hand and I immersed myself in gaming media in the 80s and 90s, even on platforms I didn't own--but he always teaches me something new.

d21lewis said:
tripenfall said:

I've really been hooked on his stuff lately. I lived through most of the stuff he talks about first hand and I immersed myself in gaming media in the 80s and 90s, even on platforms I didn't own--but he always teaches me something new.

Yeah, I enjoy having an educational aspect to a YT channel. Makes my own videos better when I stay studied :)

I’ve really only been following two streamers/gamers, beside the obligatory AVGN/James and Mike. Contrary to the latter though the others I follow are actually serious about their gaming and try to do as good as possible. And they are extremely good at what they do. They’re pretty particular in what they play though, so you’ll have to like the games they play. Not sure about the ‘lesser known’ qualifier, especially the first quite a few subs;

Ryukahr: American streamer who plays Mario games, especially Mario Maker. Branches out every once in a while to other things, which is equally fun. Probably one of the best Mario players out there, his ongoing main feature series, the Mario Maker Super Expert No-skip, is a lot of fun. He’ll get all kinds of levels, from good to terrible and he’ll try to use his skill to clear as many levels as possible before game-over. He is a cool guy, never gets angry and never swears, even he dies 30 times on the same thing. He has new videos and new streams regularly every week.

Silvarret: Dutch streamer that plays management/city building games. In particular he’ll play Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Parkitect or Cities Skylines though that last one seems to be on the back burner for now. His creativity knows no bounds and is interesting due to his creations always having a basis in reality somehow. He’ll create the most beautiful theme parks, zoos or cities you’ll ever see. He also has a very soothing voice that’s easy and pleasant to listen to. His output is a bit irregular because the channel isn’t his main source of income.

S.Peelman said:

I’ve really only been following two streamers/gamers, beside the obligatory AVGN/James and Mike. Contrary to the latter though the others I follow are actually serious about their gaming and try to do as good as possible. And they are extremely good at what they do. They’re pretty particular in what they play though, so you’ll have to like the games they play. Not sure about the ‘lesser known’ qualifier, especially the first quite a few subs;

Ryukahr: American streamer who plays Mario games, especially Mario Maker. Branches out every once in a while to other things, which is equally fun. Probably one of the best Mario players out there, his ongoing main feature series, the Mario Maker Super Expert No-skip, is a lot of fun. He’ll get all kinds of levels, from good to terrible and he’ll try to use his skill to clear as many levels as possible before game-over. He is a cool guy, never gets angry and never swears, even he dies 30 times on the same thing. He has new videos and new streams regularly every week.

Silvarret: Dutch streamer that plays management/city building games. In particular he’ll play Planet Coaster, Planet Zoo, Parkitect or Cities Skylines though that last one seems to be on the back burner for now. His creativity knows no bounds and is interesting due to his creations always having a basis in reality somehow. He’ll create the most beautiful theme parks, zoos or cities you’ll ever see. He also has a very soothing voice that’s easy and pleasant to listen to. His output is a bit irregular because the channel isn’t his main source of income.

I'll have to check them both out. I don't follow a lot of streamers/let's players in particular as I tend to enjoy the historical/educational approach. I can certainly appreciate skill, though. Note: I don't have much myself lol