By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

SpokenTruth said:
Nighthawk117 said:
SpokenTruth: It's an aggressive growth rate though.

Spoke, your killing us my man...way too fast...God help us all here in the good 'ole US of A.

Peace out my VGC friends.

The good news is the death rate is several days behind Italy and growing wider where as our case rate has gained on Italy.  So we're spreading it faster but dying less so far.

So, it sounds like were dying less slowly than the average infected Italian...small comfort for the base of the USA. Goodnight all. Peace out.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
kirby007 said:
well a total lockdown seems to have worked in china's case, but what if someone comes in in about a month carrrying Corona wheres the immunity?
that wave 2 doesn't need to come within a week, or a month.

We'll have to remain in a cautious state until (hopefully) a vaccine is distributed in 14-18 months. I think that will include some drastic measures, to prevent more waves hitting.

The problem is the large portion of people who are not cautious enough.
100 people being cautious can be outdone by 1 careless person.

They're the ones who primarily spread this around the world, and are continuing to do so.

Now THAT's what is called, a punchable face.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Now the local governments here are starting to buy all stocks of chloroquine and hydroxichloroquine, except those reserved for people treating lupus etc

haxxiy said:
Now the local governments here are starting to buy all stocks of chloroquine and hydroxichloroquine, except those reserved for people treating lupus etc

hopefully the stuff really is effective against SARS-CoV-2, the study that strongly suggests so unfortunately is very small scale

I'm still not too worried about the Coronavirus. If I do get it, the chances of me dying is still slim and even if I did die no big whoop the world still turns.

Around the Network

At the rate is going the number of cases in the USA should surpass Iran And maybye Germany by the end of tomorrow and Spain a day after that.

Lafiel said:
haxxiy said:

hopefully the stuff really is effective against SARS-CoV-2, the study that strongly suggests so unfortunately is very small scale

There are multiple clinical studies being realized at the moment. Thing is, an epidemic is not the ideal environment to study these things, both ethically and scientifically.

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

I wouldn`t say neighboring countries would be much better, and I would be more prone to famine going to another country than dying from Covid by staying.

I was going to tell you what I'd do but I don't know your situation or what Brazil is like on the ground. Stay safe man and same for your family, don't listen to your government, social distance the best you can until the initial spike in cases gets over with at least. Be safe, man.   

Government is saying exactly "social distance" and "keep yourself at home as best as you can"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:

0_0

Well, shoot. That's pretty much what's going on right now, isn't it?

SpokenTruth said:
Snoopy said:

I'm still not too worried about the Coronavirus. If I do get it, the chances of me dying is still slim and even if I did die no big whoop the world still turns.

And your concern for others?  Is it just as flippant?

The chances of us dying from the corona virus is slim, but the chances of us dying from isolation and economic down turn is much higher.