By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Project Luminous: The Future of Star Wars, details leaked

Darwinianevolution said:
At what point do you realize you have to let something go?

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Darwinianevolution said:
At what point do you realize you have to let something go?

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.

Actually, I meant it as Disney trying to resucitate Star Wars immediately after the new trilogy's failure, not even leaving time for people to recover interest or for them to actually watch and learn from their mistakes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

theprof00 said:
The worst part of this news is finding out there is an entire rian johnson trilogy.
The best part of this news is that david benioff will have no involvement.

Both good and bad, because that means they rushed and messed up GoT for nothing.

Darwinianevolution said:
starcraft said:

Actually, I meant it as Disney trying to resucitate Star Wars immediately after the new trilogy's failure, not even leaving time for people to recover interest or for them to actually watch and learn from their mistakes.

I know, I was being a dick

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

So, this was announced earlier today: https://youtu.be/xCat5fXRyyU

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:

lol @1:25! They need to remind themselves that Star Wars should have droids, space battles, the force, etc. in it!? Also putting such irrelevances like representation/diversity/not pro-war does not give me hope they'll produce quality. Seriously, not pro-war? You are making entertainment, not a guide on how we should live our lives.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

lol @1:25! They need to remind themselves that Star Wars should have droids, space battles, the force, etc. in it!? Also putting such irrelevances like representation/diversity/not pro-war does not give me hope they'll produce quality. Seriously, not pro-war? You are making entertainment, not a guide on how we should live our lives.

You do realize that most, if not all, of the greatest movies and TV shows have some sort of moral message behind them, right? 

xbebop said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

You do realize that most, if not all, of the greatest movies and TV shows have some sort of moral message behind them, right? 

Yes like Family Matters, Saved by the Bell and Full House.  Always a message at the end too bad I never listened.

xbebop said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I know that most pieces of media have some sort of message or moral, but after the failure of the new trilogy and all of the fighting against the fans, the last thing you want to show is that one of your priorities is preaching to them again. It makes them look like their agendas are first and foremost, before even story or quality.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
xbebop said:

I know that most pieces of media have some sort of message or moral, but after the failure of the new trilogy and all of the fighting against the fans, the last thing you want to show is that one of your priorities is preaching to them again. It makes them look like their agendas are first and foremost, before even story or quality.

What really is the new trilogy preaching? Other than TLJ, none of the sequel trilogy movies have any sort of depth (becase they're JJ Abrams movies--he despises movies with depth). Really, I cannot think of any kind of message that's being sent to the audience in Ep. 7 or 9. It's just all jokes and explosions. Ep. 8 has a message, but it's a bit muddled. It's all about failure, and not taking yourself too seriously. But, the other two? Nothing. People like to say they're "preachy" because they have a female lead and a black guy as another main character. Damn, that's preachy.