Forums - Movies Discussion - Project Luminous: The Future of Star Wars, details leaked

Lenny93 said:
Unless George Lucas is supervising this it's going to be more crap from Disney execs that don't understand Star Wars.

One could say that even George Lucas don't understand SW.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

At what point do you realize you have to let something go?



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The worst part of this news is finding out there is an entire rian johnson trilogy.
The best part of this news is that david benioff will have no involvement.



theprof00 said:
The worst part of this news is finding out there is an entire rian johnson trilogy.
The best part of this news is that david benioff will have no involvement.

Pretty sure this is the story arc Benioff and Weiss were working on, it was supposed to take place in the past before the prequels but not a KOTOR type thing so 400 years in the "High Republic" era matches up pretty much spot on with that. So likely they do have "involvement" if its based on their idea/concept. 



Darwinianevolution said:
At what point do you realize you have to let something go?

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:

I don't get it - what's cringeworthy about the rumour?

I don't think its real, but would be happy if it was!

Everything about Star Wars is cringeworthy right now.

Unfortunately it's not something I can explain.



starcraft said:
Darwinianevolution said:
At what point do you realize you have to let something go?

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.

Actually, I meant it as Disney trying to resucitate Star Wars immediately after the new trilogy's failure, not even leaving time for people to recover interest or for them to actually watch and learn from their mistakes.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

theprof00 said:
The worst part of this news is finding out there is an entire rian johnson trilogy.
The best part of this news is that david benioff will have no involvement.

Both good and bad, because that means they rushed and messed up GoT for nothing.



Darwinianevolution said:
starcraft said:

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.

Actually, I meant it as Disney trying to resucitate Star Wars immediately after the new trilogy's failure, not even leaving time for people to recover interest or for them to actually watch and learn from their mistakes.

Well, they are taking a 3 year break at least.  Next Star Wars movie on Disney release schedule is 2022. Assuming a Holiday release, that makes 3 years between episode 9 and the first movie of Project Luminous.



Darwinianevolution said:
starcraft said:

Agreed. Several people in this thread need to move on from the franchise and leave it to those millions of folk still enjoying it.

Actually, I meant it as Disney trying to resucitate Star Wars immediately after the new trilogy's failure, not even leaving time for people to recover interest or for them to actually watch and learn from their mistakes.

I know, I was being a dick



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS