By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Nick of XboxEra said in the recent Podcast that he was hearing that the Xbox and Bethesda showcase could be split from each other, I'm not commenting on the reliability of that statement considering it looks very likely he was wrong on the May/September event but it inspired a poll idea!

Should the ‘June’ Event (Or Whenever) Split the Xbox and Bethesda Showcases?

I would say not every year, but this year, yes!

Just because there's so many XGS projects that are needing showcases, release dates, and just updated trailers with first showing of gameplay. On top of any third party marketing deals.

Bethesda has major marketing pushes and showcases just on Redfall and especially Starfield. Then you add in Bethesda announcing new projects i.e. Quake reboot. 

If all these showcases were put together, it would easily have been a 2-3 hour show. 

Around the Network

Is it NPD week this week?

aTokenYeti said:

Is it NPD week this week?

NPD is a week later than normal this month so won't be until April 22.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I would say not every year, but this year, yes!

Just because there's so many XGS projects that are needing showcases, release dates, and just updated trailers with first showing of gameplay. On top of any third party marketing deals.

Bethesda has major marketing pushes and showcases just on Redfall and especially Starfield. Then you add in Bethesda announcing new projects i.e. Quake reboot. 

If all these showcases were put together, it would easily have been a 2-3 hour show. 

Yeah, I don't know where to stand on this.

I think it's a mistake from a pure marketing perspective, for example, you'd want to drive home that Bethesda is now Xbox and almost everything Bethesda is now going to be Xbox ecosystem only (and Steam, Lol) and alongside that, they'll both benefit each other, for example, some will only tune in for Starfield, some will only tune in for Xbox stuff, if you combine the two then you force people to watch stuff they wouldn't necessarily watch.

But then I think about how much Xbox has to show, they have so much announced and yet so little gameplay, they need to start having deep dives on some stuff but then also, Redfall and Starfield have had next to no marketing before this event so they're both going to receive gameplay demos, especially Starfield - Didn't the Fallout 4 showcase last 30 minutes?

Along with whatever Bethesda has to announce too and the fact that Xbox will be packing their show with 3rd parties as well, I don't know, sounds like a very long showcase unless a lot of stuff gets cut, I for example, can't see them showing Avowed, Fable and Starfield all at the same event, speaking of which, Avowed needs a gameplay demo too.

The biggest criticism of Microsoft still remains, they aren't showing enough gameplay of their announced projects - Nothing for As Dusk Falls, Forza Motorsport, Mara, Contraband, Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, etc. Now we're adding on no gameplay for Starfield and Redfall, I think they need to pack this showcase with a lot of gameplay demos but the 3rd parties will get in the way too.

So I don't know

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox and Bethesda keep the showcase unified, but split the presentation in half. Either half presentations in back-to-back days or half one weekend then the other half, the next weekend?

This is really why Xbox needs to have that SOP or Direct style presentation throughout the year so they wouldn't be running into these problems!

Then again, these aren't problems Xbox is accustomed to

The Showcase shouldn’t be split imo, Bethesda only has Starfield and Redfall this year they could save new game announcements for VGA or the second half of the year. MS has Forza Motorsport to showcase this year and that’s it, Hellblade 2, Contraband and Avowed are the only games for 2023 that I can see getting gameplay trailers unless MS can somehow get ActiBlizz to show case Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 on the show.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 11 April 2022

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

The Showcase shouldn’t be split imo, Bethesda only has Starfield and Redfall this year they could save new game announcements for VGA or the second half of the year. MS has Forza Motorsport to showcase this year and that’s it, Hellblade 2, Contraband and Avowed are the only games for 2013 that I can see getting gameplay trailers unless MS can somehow get ActiBlizz to show case Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 on the show.

What if Lord Todd wants a 30 minute Starfield presentation?

They could do a 5 minute tease during the show and an extended gameplay preview after the show.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

EspadaGrim said:

The Showcase shouldn’t be split imo, Bethesda only has Starfield and Redfall this year they could save new game announcements for VGA or the second half of the year. MS has Forza Motorsport to showcase this year and that’s it, Hellblade 2, Contraband and Avowed are the only games for 2013 that I can see getting gameplay trailers unless MS can somehow get ActiBlizz to show case Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 on the show.

True but that isn't taking into account that ESO has an expansion releasing in the second half of June on console and FO76 is having its major expansion sometime in the Fall that can't wait to be marketed for the VGA or even Quakecon since Bethesda wants as many eyes as possible on their live service games.

With Xbox, I don't want to assume that all they're going to show is updates/release dates/showcases on games that we already know of. I'm sure there's going to be a few new game announcements as well, even if they're a ways off. Fable is another title I expect to get at least an updated trailer since it'll have been 5 years in development. 

Lol, I wasn't looking at it like that. I was just thinking pacing.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:

They could do a 5 minute tease during the show and an extended gameplay preview after the show.

You gonna throw Todd's baby to some after show?!

I'd be okay with 15 minutes or so of gameplay and even more after the show, I think we're getting 10 minutes minimum during the show, so much they'll need to tell us and this is like 20 years in the making, Todd is going to want to show us how glorious it is.

With even more gameplay and most likely demos shown at Quakecon! Which I will be there for sure this year

Bethesda has loved having in-person demos for their upcoming games and even having presentations exclusively for Quakecon attendees. They did that for Fallout 4 and the past 2 DOOM games. 

Ryuu96 said:

Goddamn.