By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I wanted to comment that the outerwolds dlc is on sale =p. Anyway I like the sale but I already got so much...

Around the Network

Catalyst reminds me of Guardian from Halo 3 which is one of my all time favorite maps! So I'm definitely looking forward to playing on these new maps with King of the Hill :D

I'm hoping that we get that roadmap before Season 2 launches lol

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Catalyst reminds me of Guardian from Halo 3 which is one of my all time favorite maps! So I'm definitely looking forward to playing on these new maps with King of the Hill :D

I'm hoping that we get that roadmap before Season 2 launches lol

Sick of all the UNSC themed maps so I appreciate the diversity, a sick looking Banished map and classic Forerunner interior, Lol.

Hopefully it sticks like this, I would like to also see some classic Covenant themed maps later down the line.

YES! Hell, I'll take another remaster of Midship at this point

So, what do we think the odds are that season 2 for Infinite will once again be way too long?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

So, what do we think the odds are that season 2 for Infinite will once again be way too long?

I would be shocked if season 2 lasts longer than the traditional 3 months. 

If season 1 was brimming with content and still lasted as long as it did, then I would probably put the odds higher that season 2 may end up lasting a lot longer than it should, but, seeing as season 1 for 6 months was very barebones, it gives me a more positive outlook on how long before season 3 ships. 

Since development resources clearly were not being dedicated to season 1 outside of the already pre-planned events, 343 would've been putting nearly all of their resources towards season 2, and by extension, seasons 3 and 4. Maybe seasons 3 or 4 even moreso since season 2 isn't looking like the massive adrenaline shot we're hoping for. 

That being said, I could see Forge still being part of season 3, but like campaign co-op, may not be there at the launch of season 3. But with 3 additional months of development dedicated to season 2 and future seasons, and no major holidays where most of the team is on vacation, I'm leaning towards the regular timeframe we're accustomed to for live service games.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 08 April 2022

gtotheunit91 said:
Angelus said:

If season 1 was brimming with content and still lasted as long as it did, then I would probably put the odds higher that season 2 may end up lasting a lot longer than it should, but, seeing as season 1 for 6 months was very barebones, it gives me a more positive outlook on how long before season 3 ships. 

Since development resources clearly were not being dedicated to season 1 outside of the already pre-planned events, 343 would've been putting nearly all of their resources towards season 2, and by extension, seasons 3 and 4. Maybe seasons 3 or 4 even moreso since season 2 isn't looking like the massive adrenaline shot we're hoping for. 

That being said, I could see Forge still being part of season 3, but like campaign co-op, may not be there at the launch of season 3. But with 3 additional months of development dedicated to season 2 and future seasons, and no major holidays where most of the team is on vacation, I'm leaning towards the regular timeframe we're accustomed to for live service games.

I'm the opposite. I'll very pleasantly surprised if the season is a traditional 3 months. Whatever issues 343 has with it's pipeline, in terms of being able to produce content in a timely fashion, I don't believe they're resolved.  I also believe they'd rather take a hit for looking bad in that their seasons are too long, instead of looking bad for having features like co-op, or more prominently forge slide into like season 4, 5, or whatever the case would be if the season came in quicker.

I'm expecting season 2 to be at least 4 months, and I won't be at all shocked if it's another 6 months either.

Angelus said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm the opposite. I'll very pleasantly surprised if the season is a traditional 3 months. Whatever issues 343 has with it's pipeline, in terms of being able to produce content in a timely fashion, I don't believe they're resolved.  I also believe they'd rather take a hit for looking bad in that their seasons are too long, instead of looking bad for having features like co-op, or more prominently forge slide into like season 4, 5, or whatever the case would be if the season came in quicker.

I'm expecting season 2 to be at least 4 months, and I won't be at all shocked if it's another 6 months either.

That would definitely be a double edged sword since 343 is already on thin ice with the Halo community, as well as just the gaming community in general that tried out Halo Infinite, if season 2 lasts longer than it should. I don't think their pipeline issues are fully resolved either but they'll have to choose either to keep the 3 month seasonal schedule with new maps and modes at the very least, and push back Forge into a future season if it's still not ready, or have another drawn out season of barebones content.

Player numbers are continually dropping and if 343 announces a month into season 2 that they'll have to delay season 3's launch and they don't announce anymore content for the remainder of season 2, there may be a full on internet riot who knows how low the player count will drop if that happens or how many will even bother coming back to play the game. Picking the lesser of two evils is 343's predicament. 

The hardcore players will always be there, like myself, but 343 may as well give up on their plans of reaching a "broader audience" if they don't get their shit together now.

Ryuu96 said:

This is cool but please stop updating MCC (for now) and bring Splash Damage over to Halo Infinite

Flood Firefight finally?!?

I really wish Microsoft bought Splash Damage rather than them going to Tencent since their parent company was bought by them :(

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Flood Firefight finally?!?

I really wish Microsoft bought Splash Damage rather than them going to Tencent since their parent company was bought by them :(

Would have been nice, Splash Damage and Certain Affinity, both are vital support, basically Gears studio 2 and Halo studio 2, Lol.

Though I will say I don't actually know if Splash Damage is still the one updating MCC at this stage or if it's 343 themselves, or someone else.

Microsoft needs to be careful regardless of losing their supporting studios, especially with that trash contract rule.

In a perfect world, Microsoft purchases Splash Damage, Certain Affinity, and Skybox Labs, with all 3 studios being 100% dedicated to the Gears and Halo franchises with 343 and Coalition kind of splitting work for the studios depending on the needs. So Halo and Gears games always get the manpower they need.

Xbox could even dedicate all 3 studios to act as just in general support studios throughout XGS. That is probably the biggest thing Xbox fails compared to Sony first party studios. You look at the list of PlayStation Studios, and you may not recognize quite a few studio names, but there's quite a few support studios that assist in all projects. Xbox can definitely use that.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 08 April 2022