By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This years E3 is just gonna be Xbox and Nintendo again lol

Last years was baaaaaaad! So bad I remember Bandai Namco only had a single game for their entire showcase and it was a third party game lol

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

Being at almost 50 devs after nearly 4 years of existence is very bad especially when you consider the amount of talent in the area, if something else happens and Darrel Gallagher ends up leaving it could mean the end of the studio itself. That’s doomsday scenario though.

MS might need to now really consider making a bid for both Crystal and Eidos from Squenix after the ActiBlizz deal goes through. Another possible option would be to go after the WB studios since the new CEO wants to make over 3 billion in budget cuts and might not be interested in being in the gaming business at all. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/where-warnermedia-discovery-will-find-3-billion-in-cuts-newsletter-2021-5%3famp

I'm not sure Gallagher leaving would be the end since it looks like he is the reason all this people left.

Looks like that Goldeneye remaster was not announced "in the next few weeks" lol. I wonder if it may be an E3 announcement at this point.

I hope it is because that would actually then lineup with Nintendo's Expansion Pack. F-Zero X just released and all that's left of the already announced N64 games coming to the service are Mario Golf, Kirby 64, and Pokémon Snap. And with Nintendo releasing one a month, all these games will have released by June.

Ryuu96 said:

Maybe he just isn't suited to building a studio from the ground up but is fine with leading an already established set of developers but I don't see why that wouldn't have the same creative clashes, they're the exact same role, could it have been too many cooks in the kitchen? Your basic creative differences? Maybe upset they were advertised something which it wasn't? Development is hard and we still don't have the complete picture.

That's honestly what I'm starting to wonder. They really went all out in bragging about how much top tier senior creative talent this studio had that it may have been destined to fail. So many developers that are either used to having it their way or there were just so many ideas that a unified vision couldn't be reached because everyone believed their ideas were the best. Then add on top Gallagher and Neuberger bringing down the "it's our way or the highway"

With so many top developers in a single studio, we automatically assume they'll turn out gold. But that's rarely the case.

As others have said, the problem seems to be that they hired industry veterans to create a premium studio but management treated them like junior staff. No creative input, just follow directions.

Gallagher just wasnt the right choice for the type of studio Xbox envisioned.
I dont think thats the end for the Initiative but it sucks we won't get to see what a team of "superstar" devs could've create.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Halo just keep ruining EA's plans.

Ryuu96 said:

I hope Microsoft comes next year with an event at Microsoft Theatre with Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, Activision and Blizzard.

Booths to play the games, a live audience, they should have enough to hold their own mini-E3.

Microsoft's event naming is so damn generic though, Lol. They need some branding like Nintendo Direct or State of Play, X0 could work if they hold it more than once a year.

That would be doooooooope!

Daddy Phil just needs to straight raw dog us with games!!! xD

But, it would definitely need to happen at least twice a year.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

That would be doooooooope!

Daddy Phil just needs to straight raw dog us with games!!! xD

But, it would definitely need to happen at least twice a year.

Part of me wants them to dump Quakecon and Blizzcon and turn them both into Xbox events in their respective timeframes, X0 in Spring, X0 in Summer, X0 in Winter...They won't do that because Quakecon and Blizzcon are big events on their own and have a dedicated fanbase who likes them but I wish Xbox's marketing was more all under one roof, Lol.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made those kinds of changes to Quakecon personally because the big appeal of it is the worlds largest LAN party lol. They host it at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX which is absolutely MASSIVE if you wanna google some photos. Xbox could easily rent out the entire thing and host Xbox events there during Quakecon or whatever they would call it lol but still keep the core of the convention in tact. 

Quakecon became a Bethesda event when they purchased id Software, so there's no reason why it can't become an Xbox event.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 15 March 2022

Everyone but Gallagher is now gone from this developer interview video

My secondary Xbox account has no GamePass or Xbox Live subscription.
But since my main Xbox account has GamePass Ultimate, the secondary account can use it, too.

After starting the game with the secondary account I was surprised that I got all the loyalty cars from my primary account... again.

And a lot of wheelspins... again.

Then I looked up the (AutoPass) free cars in the Auto Show. I was offered ~30 cars for free... again.

I even could buy the 30 million credits Shelby with a voucher... again.

Now I have a garage value of 75 million credits right at the start of the game.

And I could probably gift some of these expensive cars to my main account after I unlock the first barn.

With a third Xbox account on the same console this would probably happen all over again.

Not complaining, but I ain't sure that this was intended by Microsoft.