By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'll take Paramount+ exclusive over Showtime exclusive any day. Paramount+ already has several exclusives released or in the works that interest me, so I will wait until those are all released then sub for just a few months and binge them all.



Around the Network

I still hate the non-canon changes they've made to it, hopefully they throw some of them out and do some reshoots/rewrites.

And I am kind of worried that they won't put the budget it needs behind it, if done well it could be a good push for Paramount+ but my optimism is low, which is why I wanted it on Netflix or Amazon, Netflix remains faithful to its source material, meanwhile Amazon has money to burn and shows it (but Amazon might not be an option given they're competition).

Game Pass + Netflix collaborations would be amazing, Lol, let Netflix dive into Xbox's IP catalogue for stuff to adapt as TV Shows, Netflix has been doing a lot of gaming IP adaptations recently cause they need the content and Xbox can do Netflix promotions for GP Subs too like they do with Spotify, Disney+ and Discord, 3 months of Netflix with Game Pass Ultimate around the times Xbox shows hit.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 February 2021

Ryuu96 said:

I still hate the non-canon changes they've made to it, hopefully they throw some of them out and do some reshoots/rewrites.

And I am kind of worried that they won't put the budget it needs behind it, if done well it could be a good push for Paramount+ but my optimism is low, which is why I wanted it on Netflix or Amazon, Netflix remains faithful to its source material, meanwhile Amazon has money to burn and shows it (but Amazon might not be an option given they're competition).

Game Pass + Netflix collaborations would be amazing, Lol, let Netflix dive into Xbox's IP catalogue for stuff to adapt to their streaming service, Xbox can do Netflix promotions for GP Subs too like they do with Spotify, Disney+ and Discord.

Debatable. Some of their series remain pretty close to source material, others make pretty big changes. It was just a few days ago that we had some rumors that Netflix is planning to make Katara older than Sokka in the live-action remake of The Last Airbender, a change which could have potentially big ramifications, for instance making Katara substantially older than Aang, making their romance even more awkward than it already was. 



shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I still hate the non-canon changes they've made to it, hopefully they throw some of them out and do some reshoots/rewrites.

And I am kind of worried that they won't put the budget it needs behind it, if done well it could be a good push for Paramount+ but my optimism is low, which is why I wanted it on Netflix or Amazon, Netflix remains faithful to its source material, meanwhile Amazon has money to burn and shows it (but Amazon might not be an option given they're competition).

Game Pass + Netflix collaborations would be amazing, Lol, let Netflix dive into Xbox's IP catalogue for stuff to adapt to their streaming service, Xbox can do Netflix promotions for GP Subs too like they do with Spotify, Disney+ and Discord.

Debatable. Some of their series remain pretty close to source material, others make pretty big changes. It was just a few days ago that we had some rumors that Netflix is planning to make Katara older than Sokka in the live-action remake of The Last Airbender, a change which could have potentially big ramifications, for instance making Katara substantially older than Aang, making their romance even more awkward than it already was. 

Hmm, shame, Witcher and Castlevania seem good on sticking close to source material.

I still think some form of partnership would be cool though, let Netflix pick out Xbox IPs they want to adapt, have some Game Pass/Netflix promotions, Witcher show boosted the brand a lot and ended up causing the game to sell some more, Lol. As long as Microsoft makes them stick close to the source material, plus Netflix has a massively bigger reach than Paramount+ does.

The biggest TV show subscription service collaborating with the owners of the biggest gaming subscription service.

Netflix wants content, Xbox has it, Netflix doing good adaptations boosts the brand of Xbox, which will lead to increased sales, further GP growth.



shikamaru317 said:
coolbeans said:

Episode I Racer recently released to Xbox One.

Yeah, it is the only one of the 4 to make it to Xbox so far, and it was 4 months late on Xbox. Their Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy remasters still haven't made it to Xbox after nearly a year and a half on Jedi Outcast and nearly a year on Jedi Academy. 

True but I think those are coming along soon.  I think the Xbox One versions will be fill-ins between the others atm.  It kinda sucks, but it's a pretty good way for Aspyr to have release news pumped out every month.



Around the Network

Is that a Shield World? Hmm.

I'm confused, that's Requiem, Lmao.

Did they grab a Requiem image and just slap their Halo logo over it? Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 February 2021

Apparently they were going to (or had?) a trailer ready but it's not being shown to public yet...Sigh, Lol.

I imagine that's a 343 decision, Paramount's doing an event right now, showcasing a bunch of shows coming to the service, 343 probably want to show the trailer at a later date though.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 February 2021

I got showtime with my Spotify subscription. If it moves to Paramount+ I'll probably not watch it.



Bomb Rush Cyberfunk looks like a straight up rip off of Jet Set Radio Future, like they even made it look exactly the same lol.
It looks really good though so I’m excited



jason1637 said:

I got showtime with my Spotify subscription. If it moves to Paramount+ I'll probably not watch it.

I don't have either, but I am with you there. I probably won't bother. Even as a Trekkie I haven't bothered to pay for CBS All Access which is becoming Paramount+. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.